Get the Wondrous Wavewhisker Mount with the Purchase of a 6-Month Subscription

I didn’t insult anyone and they flagged every single post of mine, despite none of them violating the CoC.

They are trigger happy and you know it. You just won’t admit it because they’re your CS friends.

EDIT: Hell, they followed me into this thread to continue to flag my posts. Do you think that’s less of an attack than Virus DEFENDING me, from the people going after me for calling out an unfair and ableist policy decision?

Jesus.

3 Likes

They are, but did you see my post over on the other thread? Sorry for whatever role i played in this situation!

I had to put the thread on ignore, the CS people were really making me angry.

Especially when they flagged every one of my posts all because they disagreed that it was unfair.

I’ll just copy paste it here for you then:

To begin with, i didn’t make this thread, i was simply quoted over here and got a notification from a comment i made on the general forum so i thought it was still a part of that discussion. I must say though, i think it’s silly to characterize this discussion as “yelling into the wind”, so far as i can see so far, all of the discussion aimed at Blizzard has been delivered in a calm and respectful way.

Secondly, i think i bear some responsibility for this the post happening in the first place, while Maizou and i are the same in that we don’t leave subscriptions running open ended, i think i may have inadvertently scored this mount because of a forum bug, the other day there was a forum bug that told me i couldn’t post because my subscription had expired, i must have went and turned it back on in order to get my posting privileges back again (even though my sub had not actually expired and was not due to do so for a couple of months). Had that forum bug not happened, i’d be in the exact same boat as Maizou right now.

I personally hate coming to the CS forums and only do so as an absolute last resort, i find the gaggle of wannabee CS peeps milling about to be pretty frustrating. I’m sure there are some of them that are genuinely trying to be helpful, but i feel like a lot just like to sit around and tell people what’s what.

To those of you that are just trying to help, i appreciate your service :blush:

PS. Sorry for leading you astray Maizou!

You can’t just reactivate a 12-month subscription.

The 12-month sub can’t be reactivated at all, in fact.

The only option you would have that would have granted you the mount is to pay up front for another 6 months and activate the 6 month subscription, then still have that active today.

And I imagine you would remember if you just paid for 6 months of game time up front and left that 6 month recurring subscription active for however many days it’s been since you did that.

EDIT: as the shop says, it only is granted to those with an active subscription. So if you activated a 6 month sub days ago and instantly cancelled it - you wouldn’t be eligible for it, as per their own rules. So either way, if you have a cancelled sub right now and you were tgiven the mount - they are lying one way or another. Since you confirmed earlier that you had a cancelled account.

1 Like

You literally insulted the people who post there to help.

Ah yes… the token response of “It’s not me, it’s you!” :woman_facepalming:

The opinion is fine. Saying this to them isn’t:

2 Likes

Would you prefer “voluntary bodyguards”? or perhaps “special little helpers”? I really don’t care, if you get some kind of kick out of hanging about on a CS forum talking down to other players, good for you :joy:

Go ahead and flag this too if it makes you feel bad.

I think they were saying the policy is inherently that, whether blizzard is being intentional doesn’t change that.

But yeah I agree w the rest of ur post being that I’m fine if the other year subs get it even if they cancelled, personally I still have my sub up I’m waiting to see what this years (assuming theres more) year rewards would be before I change to either 6month or take a break.

Maybe don’t make such hyperbolic comments and try to use “ableist” and you won’t get flagged.

It wasn’t every single post. But let’s look at what got flagged, shall we?

You tried to troll the most moderated forum there is with threats and hyperbole bordering on insulting.

Yeah, you were getting flagged. But hey, as someone who claims that others are “horrible people” and hide behind their former Community Council safety net, I’m not surprised you feel you can be like that on the CS forums.

I highly doubt it. There’s a boatload of people posting here. So more drama.

2 Likes

Again… I didn’t flag you. Literally came into all of this mess way after the fact of everyone getting flagged. But trying to insult people on the most highly moderated forum is never the right way to go.

That forum isn’t for your opinion on people or things— especially when it’s laden with condescension and insults.

You do that here. lol

I didn’t try and insult anyone, i just called it as it is, it is an undeniable fact that there are players who hang about on the CS forums just so they can talk down to other players. Not all of them of course, there are some genuinely helpful people there too, but the bad apples are a real problem for players that go to the CS forum looking for help.

No one is lying. It just takes time for it to be deactivated on the account. It took 5 days for one of my promotion mounts to deactivate when I cancelled my 6 month sub a while back.

Fair, you didn’t try. You just did it. lol

And again, your opinion is fine. Calling them names isn’t.

I honestly haven’t seen anything like this unless someone gets uppity with people and starts ranting. Then the “mom attitude” comes out.

The previous new Shop item was that Waveborne Diplomat transmog set. The new mount is Ankoan-themed.

Also, they recently introduced a new pirate character named Captain Nightsquall who apparently has a connection to Tel’Abim and is possibly implied to have returned from Avaloren (though it is currently not directly stated that he sailed to Avaloren).

1 Like

Well that’s kinda the point isn’t it? It isn’t the responsibility of other players to hang about on the CS forum and go into “mom attitude” mode because a fellow player isn’t conveying their issue in a way that is to their liking, they are just other players and aren’t there to pass judgement on other players about how they type up their current issue.

There shouldn’t be any attitude at all. People don’t usually go to the CS forums because they are having a good day but rather a problem. If someone is going to be giving advice in the CS forums they need to know how to not escalate into arguments and avoid them. People don’t like douchebags even if they are correct.

2 Likes

I mean… it’s a peer to peer help desk. If you aren’t going to listen to information and just rage about it, yes, you’re going to get the mom attitude with very blunt wording to keep it on track with information instead of rage.

Tell that to the people that flip out on us for giving information.

:dracthyr_tea:

They do. When that bluntness comes into play, the person who was raging either ends up calming down or shutting up. Problem solved.

CS isn’t there for you to rant at the players who are helping. And they will stop it if they see it.

1 Like

To me, that just sounds and awful lot like “Mom, she started it!!!”

1 Like

Just going to quote this and leave it at that:

Oh you frequent that place? I think your opinion may be a little bit biased on that subject then.

That’s real cute. You know nothing about me, but good job not having a conversation and immediately attempting to insult me.