Get rid of deserter

I got disconnected from the game because of “suspicious activity detected on my account” and kicked from a group because of it, and now I have to wait 30 minutes to use the dungeon finder. Why? Why is the Deserter debuff even in the game? all it does is punish unlucky people for having their computers or games bug out. It doesn’t dissuade people from leaving groups if they just want to be angry quitters or toxic trolls. All they need to do is clear the first boss and they get immunity anyway. Hell, the only reason it affects me at all is because I wanted to do the dungeon and the game bugged out and won’t let me. Why punish people who want to actually play the game but are stopped from doing so by errors beyond their own control? It does literally nothing to stop people leaving, so it’s obviously not doing it’s intended job, so just remove it.

I don’t know why, but this made me laugh.

Makes me think of the guy who causes a wipe in raid and exits the game and goes “yeah sorry guys I just crashed. Dunno what happened”

2 Likes

The debuff exists for everyone because when the dungeon finder first was released, tanks and healers would get a dungeon they did not like and sit and refuse to do anything until they where kicked so they did not get the debuff for removing themselves.

The game systems in place only know you where kicked from the group not why you were kicked.

Yeah sorry for disconnecting last night guys, my internet died right after our 13th wipe, dunno y

3 Likes

Lol this is such a bad excuse in 2019 too, most people don’t have random internet craps anymore do we? lets be honest. 99% of the time its a rage quit of some fashion. Nobody is man or woman enough to say " I got tired of that crap " LOL.

1 Like

Speaking of deserter de-buff, had a tank which had a name similar to Leroy Jenkins. I kinda figured something was up right away, but after he pulled the entire dead mines from start to first boss and trained them back to the entrance without touching them at all. First time, sure ok funny. Continuously doing it, got really old really fast. We tried to vote kick him, but suddenly everyone was booted out of the dungeon and got the de-buff. No idea what happened, but it was annoying. Haven’t seen it happen since so, yeah.

1 Like