Get Back in the Fight with the Enhanced Level 70 Character Boost

Big fat NO!

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

It seems they upgraded the gear to 463, which is close to what the time runners got.

Pre-patch event is still easier and you can buy 480 with the currency from that.

It’ll still be running until the 26th, unless they decide to end it early.

I actually also am disappointed about this: There was people who put a lot of time to work on their timerunner characters, to be placed only 5ilvls apart from the updated enhanced characters boost too.

Seems like time is wasted when boost would’ve been easier than playing the game.

1 Like

Have to boost those quarterly earnings reports somehow, right? 2/3 through and now come the microtransaction “deals.”

Edit: LMAO they actually removed the sale price from the article?

2 Likes

The math ain’t mathin.

3 Likes

Their mantra for WoW had always been “There will NEVER be microtransactions in Wow!!!1!” and now here we are. I remember after the lawsuits over the private vanilla servers and Blizz wanted to force them to be criminal, but they finally relented and promised they would make a “Classic” that was truly Vanilla and would never grow into the expansions based retail form, and now they are at Classic Cataclysm.

3 Likes

There are degrees. It’s not that hard to see the difference between offering a decent deal and just milking your customers. This whole idea makes it harder for Blizzard to see the line and that is the whole problem with micro transactions.

It incentivizes grind over fun and milking over good content to keep people engaged. It’s a cancer in the industry.

3 Likes

Blizzard: “We’ve got to have money.”

Like for real $40 for 1
$100 for two?
Could just buy singles. If you put something together it’s supposed to be a deal not a steal blizz. Your marketing team failed basic math I’m gonna assume…

Addition is hard…

1 Like

Dave Ramsay says the math ain’t mathing and that is right on

Precisely.

Big fat NO!

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

Was about to say… Someones Math ain’t Mathing.

“Come get 1 for $40… But if you want a grouped selection of 2 it’ll be $100.”

“So… If I bought 1 right now, and then another 2 seconds later… It’d be $80?”

“Yup”

“But, If I wanted 2 right now… It’d be $100?”

“Yup, Look at those Savings!”

eye twitching intensifies

4 Likes

Clearly it’s for those who just absolutely love to spend money and donate tips to Microsoft. :3

They are still $60 in the shop!

1 Like

Surely Blizz didn’t write an entire article advertising a sale just to forget about it…

Yup, they did. lol

1 Like

The quality of Blizzard these days is so laughable.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if you got the memo but the community is usually who buys stuff. It’s also been very common for Blizzard to communicate things to the community on their forum.

What kind of MBA you got that dreamt up the idea that 2 boosts for $100 was a “deal”.

Someone who cares more than me can dig up the Viva La Dirt League and their Playtech Special video as it is quite applicable here (plus their videos are hilarious AF as the zoomers would say).

Hey, it looks like they changed the price in the article. Interesting. I guess the $40 sale has been canceled. I’m pretty sure that’s just the normal price now.

If it is okay for blizz to advertise their boosts you can buy with $, then I suppose it should be fine for players to advertise their in game paid with $ carries here as well.

Oh wait… isnt advertising against the forums CoC? ooooh somebody gonna report them?

2 Likes

James
I guess if you stall me long enough you can get the add changed. It clearly states that the boosts are on sale. Why do you need a screenshot of an advertisement you created?

Here is my response to the GM during our conversation. How do I add a screenshot to my posts?

Hey look, they brought this thread back…and now all mentions of price have been removed from the article. No boost sale for us after all.

1 Like