Genuinely Curious, Don't Twinks Get Bored

I can see the attraction of running around with double or more health than everyone else and hitting people for 90% of their health in one shot with bugged gear and weapons…for a while. But how does it not get old after a day or two?

The pvp in this game is in the worst state I’ve ever seen it. Every single bracket is infested with insane gaps in character power. I spent a few hours on two old characters I dusted off this morning, a level 15 rogue and a level 16 mage, alliance side. Overall went 15-2, not because of me but because of the two 3700hp twinks that were consistently ending up in my BGs. An “average” character had about 700-900hp, I apparently had decent gear on these characters and dropped a few thousand gold on them and got them both to around 1700. This by itself is terrible game design, but then you have the 3700 uber twinks and it’s just beyond stupid. I admit it was fun the first one or two times, but after that it was pretty boring.

When you have such wild differences in character stats/hp no wonder almost every game is blowout for one side or the other. Competitive games are a rarity.

4 Likes

Me power. Me kill. Me fun.
Zug zug.

1 Like

When my twinks could still play in the 60-70-80 queues I wasnt there to 2 shot people, something that wasn’t really possible unless you were exploiting broken items and busted classes. Although the same thing happens right now at 60 sadly.

I was there because it was a cool novelty to play in old content with a character that didn’t have a massive ilvl gap to cross everytime a new patch dropped. I can’t say throw away twinks or exploiting the exp debuff is my thing though so I don’t really play them anymore as there isn’t a viable pvp option left for me as a Twink.

It’s not really any different at 60. If you have gear there is a high chance you’re going up against a lot of people who don’t. Anyway, rambling over…no it’s still great

5 Likes

how do you know they were twinks?

Twinks have existed since vanilla. I think they are pathetic. When is the last time you saw a good pvper play a twink? It’s bads who want to bully people with an unfair advantage, exclusively.

2 Likes

why would they get bored when they were made specifically to 360noscope and wtfpwn nobs in randoms for the purpose of 360noscoping nobs

twinks are the only players who gear up before they pvp. hate us cuz they aint us.

I hate you because you ruin the experience of doing bgs as a questing break while leveling.

Besides, didn’t they fix it so you level up from bgs? Did they revert that?

1 Like

how are you “taking a break” from monotonous pve with scripted reactions from npcs by pvping againts actual players with reactions you can’t really predict? thats not taking a break you’re joining a harder part of the game lol.
gear your fotm alts.
if you need help not having empty slots or gear from 10 levels ago just ask.

You’re taking a break from the monotony. Monotony is tedious, and it is a break to be able to have a little fun… yes… by playing against agents and not mindless NPCs

1 Like

Lol dude I have seen alot of twink hate but I have to disagree tons of good players twink especially back in the day. I have even seen some gladiators play twinks before. Just because you hate something doesnt mean players are not good. Sure some people are like that but not all of them

2 Likes

Post evidence of gladiator twinks.

There were none on my server back in the day. It would be too shameful.

If this is about low lvl bgs no1 cares.

If this is about max level characters it’s always been like this as well, the only and main difference is how ridiculous and questionable gear acquisition is atm.

I’m not sure where this came from, “People who do whatever it takes to get bis gear are horrible players”. Actually the same people do it in end game and in all other content, too. Are you too lazy to get gear when leveling a character?

3 Likes

Some youtubers did videos on it back then just have to find them. Not that it matters you clearly have alot of twink hate anyway so nothing would matter to you

1 Like

Theres a lot of lies being thrown around in this thread. Let’s start with this one,

I was a part of WKP back in the day, I twinked next to freaking legends. Legends that not only helped guildies gear their twinks, but still made time for BC Arenas.

Thent here’s this guy,

You can gear your alts all you like, there is no way that you can gear your alts to match the gear of some of the worst twinks and be competitive and not level out of the bracket. Do you know how many hours I sunk into my Prot Paladin to twink it? Do you know how many fallhaven pigs I slaughtered to get some high ilvl gear? How many times I ran quests and weeklies just to get some titanforged/warforged gear? Twinks take “bis” to the next level. There is no comparison. If someone could run a couple of dungeons and compete with your twink, then you aren’t twinking.

Well people who power trip have been around since the dawn of time.
There will and are plenty who would rather be overgeared and faceroll instead of playing something competitive.
This isnt something just confined to WOW one can see it in many areas IRL.
Just how it is.
I am with you I bore easily when it isnt competitive I cant play too much ina regular random BG on my warrior as it gets old fast when facing undergeared people.
That is just me and I am not saying that anyone should feel the same.

To each their own.

2 Likes

A ton of players get a ton of dopamine killing other players with an unfair advantage

This is why cheating is so popular

However it ends up chasing a lot of regular players out, which is why the systems must be designed to avoidcounter this type of negative feedback loop for the majority

4 Likes

Blizzard would be getting more of my money if they undid the segregation of xp off/xp on players.