Gen X forgotten again

generation of some sort. I forget the age range. I think it’s past millennial and before boomer… I think? Idk

All I know is there’s a survey age section missing which can skew results lol

3 Likes

Some were included. Just not all. lol

Apparently I’m a figment of my own imagination. :rofl:

7 Likes

All i got is my best whatever :relieved: we like it that way.

2 Likes

What’s all the other generation that setup all the ones you’re talking about? Lets label everything and use labels to blame stuff.

Damn 1800ers

2 Likes

Some class Gen X until 1985 actually. I’m also a Xennial.

2 Likes

Gen X? This sounds like a low budget mystery sci-fi. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

me: "wanna cruise the strip a couple laps and hit the Steak and Shake?
We can go hang at the mall after.

There’s a new DnD set that just hit the bookstore and the Arcade is having date night, 20 free tokens if you bring a date."

…yeah, I was there… GenX /flex

8 Likes

We didn’t crap on Gen X, in many cases they were our kids?
Where are you getting this nonsense?

4 Likes

You inherited from your parents and took from your children. Arguably the most selfish generation of recent time.

2 Likes

I think you missed the point of the OP. lol

Uh… what?

2 Likes

What, exactly, did I inherited from my Parents? They were farmers. I got a job programming computers and within a few years I was buying them things.

And what are you claiming my brothers and sisters (we have a big family) took from their kids? My big brother spend hours running Scouts and Little League when his kids were growing up, the others did as well. And I was baby sitter for much of my teenage years.

Where are you getting this trash about my family and others?

4 Likes

I got my first job, delivering News papers at 12.
I got my first “real” job at 15(work permit) working for a retail store sweeping floors and painting display shelves.
I’ve had a full time job ever since.
I’m 54 now
Been unemployed for less than 2 weeks total my whole life.

My parents co-signed my first car loan.
That was all I “inherited” from them.
They were poor and didn’t own anything other than the 2 used cars they drove to work.
They had nothing to for me to inherit.

I have a life insurance plan and a paid for home I plan to leave for my boys.

7 Likes

Gen X is the latchkey kid era. We were always very self sufficient.

13 Likes

You were expecting something different? This is our natural and normal condition, my dude.

3 Likes

On brand for us. At least people are consistent?

2 Likes

I feel you man. I started working for my father doing home repair stuff when I was 8. I got a job when I was 16. At 19, I got a janitor job. I worked that until I had a mental breakdown from stress and retired last july. I am almost 48. 38 years working that same job. When my dad died, I got nothing as an inheritance. When my mom goes, I will get a house that I probably will not be able to afford due to taxes and insurance.

I wish I was lucky and did not grow up poor. My whole family on my moms side is like that, although two of my cousins are doing a lot better than I will.

3 Likes

More like the Zoomers were taught by their college professors to hate anyone that disagrees with them, and so they want Gen X to disappear. Why? Because we exist in an era when colleges actually taught things, rather than indoctrinate. These ‘new age intellectuals’ also know we’re going to undo all the insanity they want, and set their glorious ‘vision’ back about 50 years.

In short, long enough for the next generation to take stock of their forebears, and detest them for their rabid intolerance to any view outside their own echo-chamber. So will repeat the cycle. The next generations can have this world when we’re dead, but not a minute before.

2 Likes

Being Gen X, I just said I was Gen Y. I have no regrets.

It’s also a very small generation. Even with Boomers dying off they still outnumber Gen X. Millennials also outnumber Gen X. Always kinda sad to see Millennials and younger blaming Gen X for Boomer stuff. It’s like, what was Gen X supposed to do? They had nowhere near the numbers to outvote Boomers.

5 Likes