Gearing PVP alts

it feels horrible tbh

Acquiring gear itself isn’t too bad

I just wish there was a different way to get honor besides torturegrounds

1 Like

I don’t think honor gearing is bad at all. What’s bad is the Vault system. Absolutely zero reason honor earned in casual PvP shouldn’t count towards vaults, given the absurd amount needed to cap 3/3.

5 Likes

I just wish i didn’t have to feel like I’m constantly headbutting a wall to get anything

everywhere I go i see horde with like 700-800k hp that easily sweep anything I could throw up

I’ll take what we have now compared to last expansion where you had to farm conquest gear and then farm 100s of thousands of honor to upgrade it all. At least now it baseline scales to max ilvl in PvP.

1 Like

Now in Season2, when upgrading bloody token gear with trophy of strife, is the gear stronger than honor 437 gear (in PvP zones) or is it the same 421 gear?

OP: I dunno… I geared up my Priest alt in 2 days. Even got Precog and 2/3 vault options ready - likely 3 by the end of tonight. Easiest gearing we’ve had in a long time.

Edit: my suggestion is to farm Epic BGs for Honor over queuing random BGs. Despite all the clamouring about Premades in Epic BGs, I find they’re quite a bit more rare - or at the very least, they’re generally less impactful - in Epic BGs than they are in random BGs. Every random BG feels like you’re playing against some sort of Premade… and, in all likelihood, you are. 33-50% of your enemy team could be a Premade, not taking into account queue syncing. It’s gotten to be so rough, I only ever queue for random BGs in a group - never solo.

Best part of Epic BGs: win or lose, the Honor is decent.

The new WPVP gear upgrades to 447, 3 iLvls shy of the new Conquest gear.

1 Like

Im not that upset about it all, but did find it annoying that S1 conquest was at a lower il than S2 honor. Didn’t exactly prepare myself for that one, so having to grind out a new set of honor gear to get back into RSS wasn’t what I would call fun. Luckily it was Classic Ashran weekend so an easy 1000 honor from 50 artifact frags, + the Brawl Quest, + the epic BG weekly, made getting 3 characters fully honored geared not nearly as bad as it could have been. Thats 1/5 of the honor you need right there. Add in your WG quest for 1000 honor and you’re really chuggin along.

The il scaling is what I get most frustrated about. Maybe my memory is fading, but I can’t recall such massive il differences between seasons prior to BFA. A full honor set would still be less than conquest, but felt a lot more competitive. Just feels bad.

Yea I’m doing this literally right now for my new auvoker and I’ve been having a blast on em.