Gear scaling is catastrophic

I never imagined that something like gear scaling would be more imbalanced in modern WoW than it was in vanilla. If you were to try to make an analogy of current gear scaling with vanilla, item level 430 would be like a fresh 60 in full greens compared to item level 475-485 being full Naxxramas gear, yet item level 430 is supposed to be the “catch-up” gear level.

And I think we can all agree that by about gear level 450 (full MC-BWL epics) fighting anyone at gear level 430 is like kicking an infant in the head as an adult and declaring victory.

So the question is why would make blizzard make such recent gear so terrible? Obviously, to force you to devote 100% of your time to current content. You can’t take some time off after being completely geared out from previous content to come back in new content and be competitive. You have to re-do it all over again to even have a chance. Normally that was only something that happened every new expansion. Now it’s like a new expansion every raid tier.

Sad.

Wow had never been a game that you could take time off, come back after a tier, and be competitive.

I don’t think that’s a problem.

gear resets every expansion. we’ll all be on the same page in a month-ish.

basically yes. it’s been that way since Wrath. When those of us who don’t take a break move to a new tier, we want to gain player progression. :woman_shrugging:

further edit to add:

the power corruption gave us this tier was stupid, and made this power gain quite insane.

1 Like

I do kind of wish there wasn’t such a massive gap between raid tiers. I don’t think WQ should be an insta skip for running raids. I really don’t like making a raid irrelevant after 5 months or so, I kinda wish they’d have them a LITTLE closer in balance, and like I said, world quests for making a friggin turtle walk in a circle shouldn’t give better trinkets or gear than a raid.

1 Like

This never once occurred. Stop lying.

Raid trinkets are so ridiculously good that 430 Eternal Palace trinkets are better than most 475s.

3 Likes

The gear level, whatever, if you want to play semantics. 445 available from taking a turtle for a walk. World quests should not reward higher item level gear than raids until said raid is at least two tiers back.

And the fact that the trinkets for a new raid underperform compared to older ones is also a problem I hope is resolved going forward.

First of all, regular world quests don’t go above 420, and usually sit around 410-415.

Second, you can’t even get 445 from an emissary until you are 443, which usually means you’ve already been raiding.

Third, LFR is not a real raid. Actual raid drops start at 445, which is the absolute upper limit for emissary loot. So it’s impossible to get “better” loot.

Most importantly, as stated above, higher ilevel =/= better item by any stretch of the imagination.

You are so purposely disingenuous that I’m happy calling you a blatant liar.

2 Likes

You don’t need to touch a raid to get 445

Now who is lying?

1 Like

THIS. Emissary chests are just a glorified extension of world quests.

I said “usually”. Sure, you can do it with Mythic+, but Mythic+ drops better-than-heroic-raid quality loot.

Even so, that does not negate my point. World Quests do not drop higher item level than any current tier raid.

You, by purposely strawmanning my argument to grasp a non sequitur point.

Normal Nyalotha and the Happy Meal Box drop the same level gear. That’s the point you’ve been purposefully misinterpreting.

you don’t need to do M+ at all too

Then there is no way to reasonably get your average item level to 443. It also proves you’re not doing any meaningful content, so crying that “world quests are better than raid loot” is stupid even if true, because it’s your best source of loot.

Even if there was a way to reasonably get that item level, 445s are still not higher item level than raid, so he’s still wrong.

So he’s a blatant liar and you’re on a pointless tangent. Good job dynamic duo. I won’t be responding to or even reading any more of your BS.

What!? It’s not BS, you legit don’t need to do any of that to hit that threshold

Here’s hoping they don’t go crazy this time around.

We finally got both a level and ilvl squish, there’s no reason they can’t keep tiers within 20 ilvls of each other. A spread of 60 to 80 ilvl from fresh to end of expansion would be way healthier for the game as a whole.

The 4 raid tiers is the major problem with that. You’d think after having to squish numbers 3 out of 4 expansions they’d get a clue that its a problem.

1 Like