GDKPS in retail wow?

With Personal loot gone for this raid tier and it mainly being group loot and possibly master-loot alongside no trade restrictions are the gdkps from classic coming to retail or no ?

Note Im not for/Against this I just want to hear how people think about this all

There is no ML. It’s GL only. The article literally tells you that.

The same one the other boatload of threads have posted.

Wait and see. No one knows. As I’ve said, run with people you know/trust for now.

Also: this is currently only for beta testing, we don’t know what the final choices will be when the raid goes live. Wowhead trollishly cut uo the blue post to create outrage.

1 Like

As long as you can’t trade gold cross server GDKPs won’t work well.

2 Likes

Trolls will force you to buy a wow token and pay them on there server

to be so innocent.

Discord says hi. there can be ways worked for this.

fun fact: discord is used to get retail gold changed to classic gold.

It is allowed but it is not supported. if one half of the deal flakes out, oh well. CS will do nothing for you.

enter discord. most care about the credibility of their main handle there. also, I’d see some going classic style again and realm only runs. A52 has 25 people at least to make an A52 only run.

That won’t work, as you can’t break a token up over several different servers. Now raid based solely upon a server, to get around this restriction, will probably be a thing on most servers.

If it’s a really good piece. I can see them making you make an alt, buy a token and forking over gold, especially against hardcore raiders.

If there aren’t restrictions.

Personal loot has the benefit of you able to fork over loot if you choose.

Need/Greed has you compete against everyone who can use it or wants to roll with there friends. If there isn’t any special limitations on who can roll need. There is room for ninjas and ninja behavior especially around pugs.

Personal loot was the preferred loot mode for pugging as you can decide to trade the loot yourself after getting it. Need/Greed doesn’t have that benefit.

You would need ML to do a GDKP. :clown_face:

A single server maybe could do it.

For most pugs there are people on maybe 10+ servers doing a payout would be impractical.

Also, one of the large pushed for GDKP is is too get players to stay to the end of the raid. Because all raids in classic are ID lockouts so once people leave in a pug replacing and finishing is almost impossible.

Flex raids and boss lockouts don’t have that problem.

Not saying it can’t happen, but it’s not going to turn into what classic has going on.