GDKP in Season of Discovery

oh this gonna be gud

37 Likes

“Just when I thought you couldn’t get any dumber, you go and do something like this- and totally Redeem Yourself” -Harry Dunne

25 Likes

Thanks! I appreciate the consideration for all sides. This is the right move.

21 Likes

Cool, now go fix the premades instead of pretending to fix the premades.

8 Likes

GDKPs are awful for the game’s health. Having played on Whitemane Era it became a necessity to run them to and it was abundantly clear hosts were looking for gold buyers. Asking them to “flash gold in trade”. They would only take them along if they had abnormally large sums and they were not expected to do anything. It was not reasonable to assume these players earned this gold legitimately given the state of their gear which was often whites and greens from level 15 on a level 60 character.

47 Likes

Fantastic decision, and I respect the wherewithal of the team to take a hard stance, which seems so rare in game development these days.

Very hopeful about the community impact this will have moving forward.

26 Likes

Odd change; if players don’t want to engage with this loot system then they don’t have to. This smells like the same thing when Master Loot was removed from the game… Restricting players’ loot systems is always a bad thing, since players can choose which loot system or systems they want to engage with. I was already falling out of Season of Discovery due to it’s drip-feed of content, and this solidified not even bothering to check out Phase 2.

Note: My guild in Season of Discovery was not using GDKP but instead a soft res system for Blackfathom Deeps.

14 Likes

lol whatt.

2 Likes

This is a huge win. Thanks for incentivizing communities that don’t buy gold!

23 Likes

The devs are keenly aware that the “don’t like it don’t use it” argument is nonsense.

27 Likes

The only topic of discussion: Why remove GDKP specifically in season of discovery, but not other versions?

Tell me all day why the system is good or bad, but why are we testing this out only on SoD?

4 Likes

Because SoD is a testing ground.

12 Likes

If it goes well here they have evidence to show it would be a good change elsewhere. They’re more at liberty to experiment in sod

16 Likes

So you can’t form your own group and use a different system? I’m sorry for you then…

1 Like

Poors gonna poor

4 Likes

Why not just do personal loot like retail and be done with it?

4 Likes

Having devs not afraid of shaking things up and make a change to see what happens is kind of refreshing. And if the prices of gold is already dropping for rmters it already feels like a win in my books

5 Likes

Great! thanks for your service

1 Like

People will still do what they do it will be pushed to private discord and no mention of it in game - certainly it will reduce the overall amount but it becomes real world transactions such as paypal direct or guilds will sell ticket runs…
GDKP evolved to what it is today because the other options are less than optimal.
Deal with the gold sellers and buyers ( THE ONES ACTUALLY BREAKING TOS )

5 Likes