GDKP in a nutshell

“WTS 3 elixirs of agility after i go kill a raid boss with you”

1 Like

Lots of people wind up with more gold even after winning an item.

1 Like

who exactly am I buying it from? 9 people? They don’t own the item. What if it’s a bow and they’re a mage. They still own the item and I’m buying it from them? :expressionless: your logic falls apart pretty easily.

I’ve been exclusively reporting gdkp spam and I get multiple notices every day that action has been taken :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Correction: 10. You get a piece of the pot yourself too. Did you sell yourself an item? What?

1 Like

the master looter is effectively the owner of the items and distributes them for gold, then pays each member for attending.

That’s a way to frame it if you want to penalize players who participate in it. That’s in no way an objective or universal way of viewing the trades which go on in a gdkp.

1 Like

Yeah i was thinking the same thing to bypass this stupid rule.

“LFM BFD,PST For Loot rules!”

Thats ok but “LFM BFD, GDKP Loot setting” Isnt?

Its so stupid lmfao.

“Lf3m dps and heals, Free consumes and 100g for healer to join our group”

it is kind of stupid, and blizzard may have an argument of intent to sell services in that case. they hardly enforce this as is. still against rules.

correct, should be in trade. at least the healer for gold part.

Master looter doesn’t own the items. He can’t just do whatever he wants with the items. There’s a social pact going on like there is in ANY group of players :expressionless: So I ask again, who am I buying items from? Make it make sense.

You don’t think this is just a bad policy? Making people create separate lfm messages for the dps and a trade message for the healer? Almost like no reasonable person would assume that?

I mean the rule is stupid.

The loot setting doesnt matter, its a group activity.

They arent carrying people, they arent selling a boost.

its a raid rofl

3 Likes

He does, hes setting up a run where the contract is you buy items for gold and get paid for participation. you are trusting in him to do that. you trade gold to him for an item and receive gold from him for your participation. he also earns a cut typically for his efforts. this is 100% a service in every tangible way, if you think for more than half a second. you dont have a habit of doing that on your posts though.

1 Like

“Carry” Role VS “Buyer” Role

Selling boosts in gear.

1 Like

I don’t tend to get a kickback when I hire a plumber.

This isn’t a service unless you’re horribly biased against gdkps and have a flimsy narrative you want to uphold

1 Like

Eh most trade chats dont even use those phrases.

Hell i dont even see advertisments for gdkps period on sod.

1 Like

They sold more items than they bought? Cool, keep it in /trade

Hahahaha omg my logic falls apart easily?

Individuals and guilds selling items and profession services for gold is allowed but can only be advertised in-game through the Trade chat channel.

You’re buying it from individuals.

It’s the objective way to describe what happens in a GDKP.

Fact of the situation is that if that stuff doesn’t get reported, it doesn’t get actioned, even though it is against the rules.

GDKP is controversial and enough people don’t want the side effects of GDKP on their server, so you get reported and actioned. Sort of a tribal democracy in that regard. Now bring me your torch.

Well, thanks for sharing. Gave me something to laugh at, and appreciate blizzard for.