GDKP flare went for 370k

Any pics ?

There was someone in one of these threads the other day saying it was difficult for some people to get 4k :rofl:

Thats the type of people these threads deal with, poor people comin out the trailer park with their accusations

I fluctuate between having 20k and up to 80k at any time, and never have bought gold. If you run a gdkp on two chars, it is a lot of gold per week coming in if you have some restraint. If you pay 4k per orb on day 1, then yeah you might need to swipe.

1 Like

It went for 40k in my GDKP, your point?

I mean hey, if people are stupid enough to pay real money and let the bids go out of control because they completely lost the value of gold, that’s their problem but don’t expect this kind of scenario to happen everywhere and all the time.

Also you won’t get rich with dailies, you have the play the AH.

I swear every single GDKP threads are infested with ignorant and poor people who can’t see themselves having more than 10k gold so they assume we all swipe. Idiots.

3 Likes

Its pretty much because theyre too lazy to do the bare minimum themselves to make gold

I think people struggle to comprehend the concept of people dumping and regaining gold so quickly in GDKPs. I have 20k gold and I’ve never done anything particularly fancy to get there. It should last me till the end of WoTLK and that’s all I need it to do, but that 20k gold doesn’t get me very far as far as GDKPs go. If I decided to get into GDKPs I’d have to join as a carry and start amassing. I could probably pick up some non-HM loot that is not highly contested, but I wouldn’t be touching items like flares or starshards for quite a long while.

Then you have people who have been running GDKPs since Vanilla and amassed a ton of gold, not to mention run 1-5 a week, and start on the first week when pots are the biggest and that causes the pots to snowball with each passing expansion. Their gold fluctuates massively as they cycle between dumping and carrying.

1 Like

Exactly. The barrier to entry into a GDKP now is either get very geared with a guild and then leave that run to carry a GDKP (likely ruining your relationship with your guild), or buy tons of gold so you can afford to buy gear.
I accumulated 80k from tbc GDKPs and phase 1 wotlk, but even that would all but disappear in a single GDKP as I’d be expected to buy a lot since I’m not geared enough to be a carry.

1 Like

False. I can get into a GDKP today with 0 gold. Streamer GDKPs are where youd lose 80k in a single one

Joining a GDKP with 0 gold goes against the whole purpose of a GDKP. If you get in one and aren’t expected to buy, thats a win for you no doubt.
But obviously the GDKP organizer is not doing their research.
I’ve done many GDKPs with different organizers and they all have asked for a buy list, show gold in trade and expected spend amount, or logs to prove that I’m a carry.

Kudos to you for ripping off a GKDP. I would if I could.

2 Likes

Its not really ripping it off. You’re talking about the barrier to entry, which is very low. If I can get in with 0 gold so can you. GDKPs these days are focusing on hardmodes rather than carrying players.

That’s what I don’t understand - if they are letting people in who don’t plan on buying, they are doing the GDKP a disservice as the whole point is to bring people in to buy gear and for the carries to make a profit.
What you’re describing certainly hasn’t been my experience.
Faerlina’s GDKP discord will go as far as banning you if you sign up as a buyer and don’t buy. And of course you wouldn’t even get an invite if you sign up as a carry and don’t have the logs to prove it.

2 Likes

0 gold and zero gear or geared with zero gold? I got into a handle of T6 GDKPs without any intention of buying, but I was geared to the teeth back then.

T7 GDKPs are probably pretty accessible though, but as far as Ulduar is concerned if you’re zero gold and zero gear they aren’t bringing you, and if they are I’d really like to know why beyond being incompetent.

2 Likes

So run the t7 gdkps until you have enough gold or gear to get into the Ulduar ones? it isn’t rocket science.

Stereotype much? :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Currently im 4967 with all hardmodes aside from Algalon experience. The 3 GDKP groups I join dont ask for screenshots of your gold. I will say that there are some GDKPs that have a barrier to entry that might be difficult for some (even 10k wouldnt be difficult), but from what Ive seen most of them dont even have the starting bids at 1k. You could get into most GDKPs with 5-10k gold and be fine. Takes less than a week to get 10k. Im sure you yourself know that though.

1 Like

I sold my 90 badges for 1600g, that is a good start.

What’s a GDKP flare?

Don’t get me wrong. There are people that do buy gold. But obtaining gold is extremely easy if you just play the game. Gold buyers are usually people that are just too lazy to obtain the gold themselves.

A lot of people that do gdkps do more than one per week.

1 Like

I know people who literally graph out their gold income to save a million gold for Shadowmourne.

That person plays the AH and does gdkps on his alt and raids on his main.

Not saying people don’t buy gold but this community now sees gold and automatically thinks that person bought it.

We all guilty until proven innocent instead of innocent until proven guilty.

This community has gotten insane

2 Likes

I just sold 180 badges like 2 weeks ago for 4k.