GD Lounge # Reforged Shadowlands (Part 1)

When a mommy battery loves a daddy battery very, very, very much, sometimes they like to hug…

4 Likes

They are really shooting themselves in the foot by trying to control and/or suppress fan animation. There has to be thousands of people who had never heard of Warhammer 40K before seeing Syama Pedersen’s “Astartes” series.

Likewise Sodaz Death Korps of Krieg are amazing. I don’t play the game but they are really drawing me into the universe.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t they be pulsing instead of hugging? They are batteries after all.

4 Likes

Exactly. Sure, the means are universes apart, but when a consumer base loses trust in a company for whatever reason, it’s gone.

Apparently, the new-ish CEO is a former Hasbro exec (which explains a lot) and they have their new Wagammer+ streaming service launching soon.

Basically, GW told the fan animators to join or get sued. Alfabusa said no and Sodaz (I think it was him) got royally jerked around by GW after saying he’d play ball.

Now there are big concerns about GW going after painting channels, batrep channels, and even lore and product review channels.

Don’t get me wrong, I get the desire and even the need to expand as a company and even the need to protect ones IP, but even Blizzard embraced the machinima crowd with open arms and no restrictions. ANet even has an affiliate program for many of their content creators…ANET of all companies!

GW would be wise to do the same. Or else people will go elsewhere and find a company that embraces them.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I guess ant babies gain powers when you powder them?

3 Likes

meow

chrisp appears

i have nothing of import to say. wish you all well.

5 Likes

Yes, but your name is awesome! Too bad my local GW store did not have any Ogor Leadbelchers though!

3 Likes

(Lady Cyndi Lou wanders in.)

3 Likes

fidgets restlessly waiting for his interview

I hate feeling happy and nervous at the same time

fidget fidget fidget fidget fidget fidget fidget

4 Likes

/understanding pat
/cookie
/smile

4 Likes

looks up from fidgeting

Thank you! The good news is, my phone charger didn’t die on me and I fixed the lighting so I don’t look like Dr. Evil from Inspector Gadget sitting in deep shadow though I do not like the angle.

It also strikes me that I have not brushed my hair since starting working remotely. What’s the point, after all?

hugs Cyndi and goes back to restlessly fidgeting

3 Likes

“We did our first Covenant Invasion tonight, and I got me a cool new Cape.”
/proud grin

4 Likes

You got this gnomey

hugs

2 Likes

Excellent :smiley:

1 Like

meow
losing to OP decks in hearthstone ever since its new expansion united in stormwind
lol i suck
oh well

hope everyone’s having a good life

chrisp

3 Likes

Set off my shoulder a little bit again for some reason last night :frowning:

This too will pass

hugs

4 Likes

pokes his head out of Surfy’s pocket

I know but still, I’m a bit nervous!

climbs into Surfy’s lap with his favorite blankie, a tasty :bear::sandwich:, some adorable otter videos, and keeps fidgeting

2 Likes

stops fidgeting long enough to glower at Surfy’s shoulder and growl at it like a vicious but adorable otter

2 Likes

yep, keep the otter vids coming :smiley:

2 Likes