GD Lounge # Reforged Shadowlands (Part 1)

I would like to suggest a movie for the lounge to watch. It’s called The Giver it starts out in black and white, but it’ll be in color as the movie progresses. It’s a very interesting movie.

3 Likes

Pfff, jokes on you I read the book in Jr high and weirdly still remember the entire plot

1 Like

They had me read that book in Jr. Hogh as well, I thought the movie would be better for those who never read it.

1 Like

Why is the rooster making the coffee? Are the animals looking to take over the farm? Should I be worried?

1 Like

because he can’t make the eggs :slight_smile:

8 Likes

(Lady Cyndi Lou wanders back in.)

2 Likes

Just discovered that Shokuhou Misaki from A Certain Scientific Railgun can control Misaka if she dispensed with the Fine Control and went with Brute Force manipulation of Fluids(which would also result in Turkeys exploding and wine spilling nearby)…

If she weren’t so obsessed with Fine Control she could have read Misaka’s Mind ages ago!

She clearly isn’t Paranoid enough to counter threats in Academy City despite Paranoia being her weakness(enough that she gets her Clique to leave so that they can’t overhear a private conversation that her Enemies could potentially pick up from them while also making it look like she is forcing them to pig out in retaliation for not letting her pig out)!

Well, hello

Finally got my old account info from 6 years ago back. Isn’t that nice OwO?

4 Likes

Mental Note:

Do a name change, loose forum count.

That’s fine with me, I have an orc name now. :grinning:

4 Likes

“Well done.”
/smile

2 Likes

Thanks! ^^;

Yes, your posts reset to 0 after doing name changes and I believe server transfers as well

3 Likes

(Lady Cyndi Lou peeks in, and looks around.)

3 Likes

I have to wonder if Games Workshop will, almost overnight, become the Blizzard of the TTG world.

With the recent and almost barbaric crackdown on fan created animations (TTS on indefinite hiatus!), and now the video game modding community, it makes me wonder if GW has even looked at how quickly Blizzard has lost it’s place as the pinnacle of the gaming world and lost a vast swathe of it’s previous fan support.

Granted, the means of loss of fan support are vastly different, but loss of fanbase is loss of fanbase. And, let’s be real, GW has only been hugely successful in terms of financial growth over the past year. I’d have to imagine, a large portion of that growth is due to Covid related lockdowns.

And with much smaller companies putting out new products, and gaining visibility, AND fully embracing fan support, I can’t help but think GW’s recent exponential growth will die off much quicker than it grew.

I get wanting to protect IP and the UK/ EU laws surrounding IP protection are, at best murky, but hubris will kill a growing company faster than it tanks an established and previously titanic icon of it’s genre.

1 Like

crumbs.

we’ve just entered another snap lockdown.
number 6.
i’m a pro at this now!

all my furniture is now here, chairs are assembled and feet have been felted… but between last night and today, i had an ant invasion… and was lucky to be able to get some ant sand before shops closed.
when it’s daylight, i’ll give the floor a good mop to destroy any pheromone trails, put the chairs in their rightful place, remove the foam covering which has been protecting the dining table, and another room will be finished! :blush:

then put on mask and gloves, and go sprinkle sand around the foundations.
(and cross my fingers that it works, and that i won’t be engaged in a perpetual fight with ants) :grimacing:

oh, and someone stole my rubbish bin.
WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD! :roll_eyes:
(i’ll contact the office in the morning to see if they can check their cctv to find the culprit!)

3 Likes

I discovered baby powder confuses the crap out of ants. They kept getting into the dogs food bowl. I sprinkled baby powder under and around the bowl, and it stopped them.

I got the idea from watching ‘Naked & Afraid’ where they use ashes to stop the ants, I figured baby powder was pretty close to ashes, plus it’s safe for my pets to be around.

2 Likes

So saw this in my newsfeed just now, gave me a good chuckle :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

https://i.imgur.com/XfApelzl.jpg

Kudos to whoever made this :laughing: :ok_hand:

1 Like

Sad but true. :joy:

1 Like

yep, it’s an age old remedy.
…but i don’t want them confused.
i want them dead :slight_smile:

i’ll give the ant dust a couple of weeks, they’ll need to take it back to their queen for nomnoms, and hopefully that’ll be the end of it… but if that fails, i’ll sprinkle some talc around the windows on the inside, and a little bit in the cracks of the tiles.
i was just hoping to avoid using gritty stuff inside, because it’ll get tracked onto the new carpet :grimacing:

i’ve mopped the floor, and didn’t even think to look if the surface requires any special treatment… i’ve never had stone tiles before. i just used dettol and water.
the floor looks cleaner, and feels cleaner, but the mop didn’t seem to get dirty at all.
it must have been “clean dirt” :crazy_face:
…but there are less black dots on it now, and it’ll help me to track any newcomers.
:ant: :ant: :ant: :ant: :ant: :ant: :ant:
(they’re sleeping right now)

2 Likes

pokes his head out of Surfy’s pocket

WOO HOO! Just got my email for a Zoom interview tomorrow @ 9am!

5 Likes

Do I want to know how they get powered babies?
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes