Gay night elf marriage is now part of lore SPOILERS

You mean like this: http://jstationx.com/2019/06/06/blizzard-lgbtq-pride-pin-charity/

Here is how I see it, normalizing things and making it just something part of the world is a way to hopefully change people’s perspectives. Add to that, it is just neat that if I wanted to I could rp/think my characters have more qualities that I might find in myself.

35 Likes

That sort of language will not be tolerated!

4 Likes

I am more intrigued that in a heavily matriarchal society, even in their past (Female leader - Queen Azshara, female Goddess - Elune, Sisterhood of Elune being female only and so on) The first Night Warrior was a man.

7 Likes

That is not exactly correct, their society was heavily matriarchal, it just got even more defined once the druids took their thousands years of nap. Remember, they had a Queen and their Goddess is female and their priesthood was only for women.

1 Like

I am confused…was the first night warrior a male?

I couldn’t careless for gender orientation,

I’d like to know more about the night warrior’s lore…

2 Likes

Yea that shocked me.

I guess there have been others in WoW. Not sure if marriage, but couples. And in Night Elf society too.

No surprise. What did you think all the male night elves did in the Emerald Dream?

7 Likes

Who cares?
People need to stop acknowledging this stuff as if its any big news.

11 Likes

Almost positive same sex relationships have been a common thing in night elf lore. It’s great, but I don’t think it’s anything new.

13 Likes

Wasn’t this already canon? There were those two sentinels in… I forget where, one of the Wrath zones (Tundra?) that were all but stated to be lesbians.

It makes sense for elf cultures to be like this because of how traditionally elves behave in regards to sex and attraction. Just like the elf races in ESO that also have gay marriage.

1 Like

I hate to be a jerk but getting other people to donate their money isn’t what I was suggesting.

Normalization is great. Trying to normalize things via video games is a really lack-lustre way to do it. Not everyone has a computer. Not everyone who has a computer plays video games. You need to get into the educational and religious institutions to get the most minds. One can normally achieve this with providing financial support to such institutions.

2 Likes

Why do we care?

14 Likes

Because something something pride month pro-gay whatevers.

5 Likes

Because gay characters. Huzzah.

3 Likes

I’d rather them be Neutral.

2 Likes

hm

1 Like

Now we just need a gay orc couple :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

I think some of you are overanalyzing it.

It’s simply nice to see a relationship that looks like one you have outside of the game. That’s all it is, just some nice validation, not a statement of any kind. I mean, it can be, but I don’t think that’s what this is.

17 Likes

Yes but Blizzard is a video game company. That is what they are able to influence and add to. Them putting in a gay character isn’t going to change everyone’s perception obviously, but adding in representation into what they can does add to the normalization process.

19 Likes