Gaurdian TAnk in Arena, I did it

I rose up to 1850 CR in arena from Gaurdian last expansion until they nerfed brambles, I gave it up and quit the game. Just came back and failed and failed in all specs in arena, so I tried to make Guardian work. And I did it!!! I am currently winning about 90% of my games easy.

The secret is you have to tank the best dps they have, and trust that the rest of your team can handle their weaker players. With a burst heal every 10 seconds to throw my team if needed they almost always can do it. And you as tank just CC your target over and over and over until they finally give up on running away. The only problem is finding anyone to try it out for rated is almost impossible due to the current stigma of tanks in arena.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

You’re 52 wins and 83 losses that’s far from winning 90% of your games :rofl:

2 Likes

As I said, I failed and failed and failed at Arena as feral/resto/boomy. I just figured this out 4 days ago bro. I don’t think I even had 10 wins before this.

1 Like

Tanks don’t belong in arena. Ever.

1 Like

I will do whatever it takes to win bro, all i care about. If Blizzard makes an Iwin button but it makes my charactor wear a pink tutu and do a balarena dance. I am smashing that Iwin button as soon as global lets me. You can look good in the loser que…

2 Likes

If you failed as feral you must be pretty terrible because it’s one of the best melee in the game right now :rofl:

2 Likes

All I know is if I go feral they just primary me hard and interrupt every burst so my damage is weak. So if you think that means I suck at feral because I can’t stop it then so be it. But this thread isn’t about my feral bro, its about my tank. And my tank feels wicked strong, my kitty feels absolutly worthless unless they ignore me, which never happens. So lets get back to the purpose of this thread, Guardian tank in Arena is very, very good if you know how to do it.

1 Like

Very good at what 1100 rating?

My rating right now is like 1550, trying to get that up much higher, but its really hard to find anyone willing to teamup with a Tank. And the few people I do get are usually under geared and have very little arena experiance. So I don’t know how well this will work when I go up the rankings. In rated arena some guys I win 9/10 games with, others I lose 10/10, it really depends on if they are good enough to kill the guys they really should be killing, especaully wiht me burst healing them for up to 40k every 15 seconds. But first things first, I need to find a solid dps to teamup with.

1 Like

I like your attitude. As far as guardian goes I think there’s potential there as I’ve seen players run it to high rating before. You probably want a dps partner with a strong healing debuff like arms war/BM hunter/ww. Just need someone who can really pump damage all game and win in dampening. Not sure what the best healer would be, but I think rdruid/rsham/priest could all work.

Sitting here waiting for WotLK Classic so Prot Warrs can make their appearance in arena once again

I can only recall facing a Guardian in the arena once. He was a nuisance, but not really a damage threat. We ignored him to focus his teammate. That was when he Boomy Convoked and deleted us both. Oops. >_<

I will find you in game and give you advice. I actually carried a few people to 1400 as a guardian druid. Dont listen to negative folks when YOU already know better. People who write forums maybe havent tried Guardian in PvP or they just werent any good at it. Anywho, I talk to you soon brotha.

guardian lf arenas pst :slight_smile:

I get absolutely dunked on in arena when playing guardian (247ilvl) if the enemy team has any kind of heal.

Our damage is pitiful.

why

how about no healers in arena ever

Guardian still working really well for me in Arena. I have found your partner has to not be squishy and be able to put out high dps to kill something solo, like a Mage, Warr, WW, S Priest. And keep in mind, your job is not to do damage, I mean you do some damage but your no killing anything with heals. Your job is to tank one of their DPS with CC until they give up running away and fight you. And you also throw burst heals from swiftmend or convoke to keep your team up because no matter how good they are at their 1v1, they going to need some help from you in heals. And thats it, just CC one enemy which you have just enough to CC chain for indefinatly, you always have a CC up if you go the right skills and play it well. The onloy downside to this spec is its very hard to get anyone to play with you who you haven’t shown how op it is, and although you can win alot of a squishy dps like a DH, you will lose some games you would of easily won with a Mage partner. If you do 3’s you need a dps healer like a disc priest.

Prot Pally works better than Guardian in this regard.

If you end up in a 1v1 vs a feral or balance you’ll eventually get destroyed.

If you’re doing whatever it takes to win then play feral, it’s a lot better overall