Gamma reverts to 1 every time

Every time I start the game, my gamma goes back to 1. Then I have to keep adjusting it every time I start up the game.

1 Like

I was just coming to look to see if anyone else was having this issue. I am having it as well. I get it even with no addons loaded

Nobody is addressing this issue

What gives? It’s obviously a problem and we’re not getting a reply

1 Like

IDK. I have even asked on MMO and IV. I asked in a WoW group I am in on FB nobody has answered yet. It’s not game breaking but it’s annoying as heck

A poster on MMO says this issue is actually happening a lot with other settings well the blues have said it might be related to addons but i get it with out them as well.

Another poster suggested making a weakaura.

While a 3 said change it directly via the config.

Figured i’d let you know what i found

1 Like

It is addon related. Disabling them won’t correct it after it’s happened, however, as it’s corrupting the base game config file (Config.wtf).

Any addon which uses its own CVars can potentially cause it, though only the ones which use excessively long CVars will. It’s causing line ends to be removed from the config file, creating invalid lines. You can view these invalid lines by opening your config file in any text editor (even Notepad) and simply looking for the lines with over 1,000 characters on them - there will be two instances of the word “SET” (in caps) on these lines, with the second one likely to be the exact same setting you’re having issues with.

You can manually correct it by inserting a carriage return (ie Press Enter) immediately before this second SET declaration. You could also restore the quotation marks to the end of the long line but that is unlikely to be necessary for the problematic addon to function. Keep in mind that if the addon has not been fixed (and the update installed locally) or disabled it will re-occur when next you close the game - though not necessarily to the same variable.

The libOpenRaid library from Details! is known to cause this but isn’t the only one.

For more details and some examples, see the following GitHub issue report: https://github.com/Tercioo/Details-Damage-Meter/issues/479

log out of wow — go to the World of Warcraft folder > retail folder > move Interface folder and WTF folder to the desktop reboot the computer then test the setting in game …moving Interface and WTF folder will rule out any problem(s) that might be adjusting the settings ands don’t forget to do a /console cvar_reset

1 Like

Looks like they fixed it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.