Gaming Sucks 2019

Having fun still in Red Dead Online (red dead redemption 2, online) on the XBOX ONE; Heard it is out now for the PC.

It is pretty cool, as far as not being Pay To Win, really. You can make so much in game cash, as well as gold, with Frontier Pursuits (more than you ever need.) The weapons, which are your main “power” are pretty affordable. You can’t buy “ability card levels”, having to earn them in game.

So it is pretty much “pay to win” proof. You also make money/gold pretty easily with Frontier Pursuits anyway. The main advantage of someone initially buying in game gold, would be that they’d be able to buy a lot more clothing outfits. So unless you think “looking snazzy”, is pay to win…

The only issue is that you’ll still disconnect, at inconvenient times, “Due to a fault in the rockstar Online servers.”

I can play for as long as six hours, sometimes, or as short as 10 seconds.

If they fixed the disconnect thing, as well as not being able to get a camp sometimes (with many obviously empty camp spots), I’d say the thing was fantastic.

They basically turned around a lot of the hate for GTA Online, which was other players ruining it. Red Dead Online has a defensive mode, as well as often spawning you in a solo session for a Frontier Pursuits mission; Neither of these give you a reduced reward, either.

I’ve done a bajillion delivery missions for trader, to make in game cash, but never been bothered by a player; However, the “disconnected due to a fault in the rockstar game servers”, has nailed me during about 5 of them. So that loss of $500, as well as those 100 materials, hurt a bit. So now I only have $17,000 in game money and about 180 gold, lols :wink:

More than that, when we do get married it’s generally later down the road once the couple feels more financially prepared to do so. That shiz is expensive and they know it – they don’t want to get sucked into the trap that so many of Gen X got sucked into, which is to follow “the program” early and often regardless of financial status and maturity. Millennials saw Gen X burn themselves out trying to make that work and have decided to try avoid that fate.

And it seems to be working, at least so far. Millennials have the lowest divorce rates in many decades… turns out choosing a partner after both halves have been through their transformative early-mid twenties and have solidified who they are works better than marrying your high school or college sweetheart right away.

That, and it weeds out a lot of 20something girls who just wanna PAR-TAY.

If you wait until your late 20s and early 30s to start a relationship, most of the party party girls are already divorced and have children, so you know which are the mature women and which of the many women only cared about getting drunk and getting laid in their younger years.

You could always try your hand in the indie circles. Granted the garbage outweighs the good in a lot of ways, but at least you didn’t spend $60 on it and feel like you need to play it because if you don’t you’ll feel like you wasted $60.

Plenty of good indies sitting around. The good ones are the ones you see featured on peoples’ youtube channels and such. If you see an indie that looks interesting, look it up on Youtube, check some of the more famous youtubers with higher sub counts. If they pick a game up and play it, then chances are it has some merit. That and it’s always good to do research.