Gaming Sucks 2019

Gaming is so terrible nowadays. It’s all about in-game shops, tired and lazy design decisions, recycled crap, so on and so forth. The graphics are better and that’s about it. It’s so sad.

I’m over BfA. I’m over Classic. I’m over The Division 2. I’m over pretty much all the games I thought would grab me. Is there nothing available right now that’s actually worth sinking some time into? Was going to try the new Ghost Recon until I saw you can buy everything in the game from the shop.

8 Likes

Yea, i remember a time when single-player games are not always-online drm waste of time to just sell you microtransactions. Shame we live in a world with people who think it’s okay and normal to have broken, buggy, single-players with always-online DRM and “optional cosmetic” microtransactions.

5 Likes

… not really.

Check in on the stuff Nintendo’s putting out… well, okay, most of it. They’ve taken advantage of a few micro-transaction things like everyone else, but they’re not building their flagship games around them.

Just remember, there’s no shame in feeling like a kid again.

3 Likes

Well, maybe marriage and children. There is no game that will entertain more than stepping up to our purpose.

3 Likes

I just wish there wasn’t the Switch tax, for example, Deponia games got released on the consoles, Xbox and PS4 got a collection of all or all but the latest for $39.99, Switch got the first game on its own for the same price.

There are a lot of great games this year, you’ve listed a total of FOUR games OP…

Maybe it’s time you invested in a Switch, I’ve found countless hours of enjoyment with the games that have released this year. Fire Emblem Three Houses alone has taken so many hours.

Bloodstained is a notable amazing game, you can even get that on PC, you don’t even need to boot your console for that.

Maybe OP, the problem is you are spending too much time in multiplayer games. You are saying EVERYTHING is bad in 2019 because 4 multiplayer games have not been enjoyable for you…

2 Likes

Dunno if true but I remember hearing millennials don’t marry as much as past generations.

1 Like

I guess they find it hard to get married when they can’t agree on which parents house they’ll live in.

2 Likes

i think you may be onto something here.

There was a study done years back, 1980’s or 1990’s IIRC. Basically in a nutshell, it had concluded that almost 75% to 90% percent of the world would eventually speak some descendant of an Arabic/middle Eastern language. It further went on to explain if Americans were to have eight to ten children per household, these numbers could be different.

I just remembered reading that article when i read what you wrote. Interesting.

This is interesting cause a day or so ago I posted on my FB. How most games now a days suck. :thinking: You reading my mind OP? :smirk:

1 Like

It depends on what ur looking for but ive personally realized these big social games arent for me. They often come at a cost to the writing and story, and at the end of the day i just enjoy classic rpgs.

I’d recommend Divinity:Original Sin 2. Its a classic crpg which has the best story i’ve ever experienced in a videogame with an incredible quality in writing. You can play the game with a full roster of characters or go solo. Theres tons of content and some incredibly challenging fights.

Also, thronbreaker: the witcher tales is a niche but great game. Its a single player witcher game that revolves around the gwent cardgame. The cardgame mechanics are varied and fun, but get super easy by endgame.

however, it has a great story and good writing with unique choices you can make that change the outcomes in the story and of side characters. It has probably THE best voice acting and and musical score ive ever seen in a game. Its a flipping card game that makes it feel like your card match is a legit battle between life or death.

If you are a Xbox player you have game pass, I believe they have something similar on PS. Something you might want to look into. This week, Outer Worlds is coming out on game pass. Instead of buying the game, you can play that and more for a sub fee.

Try going Indie.

Get Steam, and take a good look. There are some awesome games out there, but you have to be willing to get away from your “epic grafix!!!” to enjoy them.

There’s plenty of $10-20 games out there that will give you 30-50 hours of gameplay (though some are arguably less if you rush the content), and there are some like Terraria that I have paid 7.50 for and played for almost 1,300 hours total over the years because of just how awesome it is.

Just recently I started playing My Time At Portia and it’s a bit of a lighthearted game with lighthearted humor and bright pastel colors, but I found it was fun. I was also playing Timespinner which is a Symphony of the Night type of game, if you’re into that.

Also, there’s FFXIV if you’re wishing WoW was a bit better, but I know there’s such a big stigma surrounding that game because of WoW players constantly attacking it, and… well I will admit that it starts off a bit slow and boring but it does reward you for your patience if you like a good epic story.

There’s also awesome gems like Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight, Ori, and things like that… I loved Subnautica when I played it. Plenty of awesome games out there.

Your mistake, is that you focus too much on the Triple-A scene. Triple-A is indeed junk these days for the most part. It’s all big budget hype.

EDIT: Also… I blew some 600 hours into Stardew Valley (and will here soon when the update comes out) and also Graveyard Keeper (it, too, has a major content update in a few days).

That’s one thing about these indie games: they frequently get updates, they never have microtransactions and rarely have paid DLCs, a lot of them give free updates.

That might have something to do with all the stupid politics and feminism that has popped up lately.

Who wants a girl that thinks she’s better than men, who thinks men are trash, who thinks that men should be subservient? I’d rather be single.

EDIT: Not really wanting to bring politics into this, but yeah, there’s a reason why the most recent couple generations are not getting married. But anyhow, back to games.

1 Like

Men are better than women at everything we aren’t doing anymore. So women look at us like we’re neanderthals, naturally.

The Y chromosome is basically a turbo-boost on the X chromosome for muscle and bone. And we’re here playing video games. Quite the destiny.

1 Like

But anyhow, back to games.

I feel like Blizzard owns a lot of fantasy. Like a lot of other fantasy games are hard to get into mainly because “there’s this story here though!”

However, the story is getting a little thin. With every new expansion, they add a bit more to the game (junk.)

Blizzard’s next fantasy should be a new Warcraft game, that stays within the ballooned out bounds they’ve made here, and tells a new story.

Sounds like a you problem.

3 Likes

My worst video game nightmare is an online connection required Elder Scrolls 6 with microtransactions. :skull::skull::skull:

Yeah, I was born in the wrong time-period to be honest.

1 Like

Sounds like you need to diversify your portfolio my man. Try picking up an instrument.