Games to play during content drought

So I’m probably going to be canceling this month as I’m officially bored with bfa and I generally quit in between expacs during the content drought but I’m looking for some fun alternative games to play.

Any suggestions of fun games to fill the time with?

2 Likes

Rust.
It is horrible and amazing all at the same time. The amount of fun AND stress I get playing is addicting and I cannot stop playing it. DO EET!

Edit:
I am also enjoying D3.
And on my switch Pokemon Sword/Shield and Animal Crossing.
And the Final Fantasy remake is FIRE!
Bordelands is free for PC right now too if you are interested.

People are talking a lot about Doom Eternal as well, I haven’t played it though.

1 Like

The imposter is back. Fight me.

Also what do you have other than PC? PS4, Switch, Xbone?

Oh and I recommend Dragon’s Dogma.

1 Like

The impo… wait a minute…

Grummle

Grummle

“something’s not quite right”

1 Like

No Mans Sky is my current addiction.

1 Like

He is too big to be a Grummle. I bet he doesn’t even have a Grummlepack.

4 Likes

I mostly play the forums currently, though I have been getting back into D2 along with a couple friends. Aside from the graphics it has aged really well.

1 Like

watcha looking for? genre-wise?

atm im playing classic while alt tabbing into osrs when im on a long flight or getting camped.

PS4 only other than the pc

Kind of feel like playing a fun rpg or maybe a good multi shooter

Any of the Borderlands games, Dragon’s Dogma is a good action RPG, FF7 if you’re into that. Anthem is 80% off on PS4 ( I wouldn’t buy it at the price they had it at, hell even $10 might’ve been too much, but it was fun to fly around and shoot stuff in), or subscribe to PS Now and you get like 400+ games for something like $10 a month.

Looked at dragons dogma just now. That looks interesting I might try it out. Borderlands I always heard about but never tried, also a good candidate! Thx for the recommendations.

1 Like

I’ve put many hours into that game, something like 1000+ You’ll miss many quests and events on your first playthrough.

1 Like

Hmm that Reminds me of witcher and how many hours you could sink into that game with all the side quests and such.

Prey (2017). The game is selling at bargain bin prices atm and frankly one of the most fun ive had in awhile.

1 Like

i been playing long story games, stuff like dragon quest, persona, or the new xenoblade remaster

nice slow games you can boot up for a few hours or so and chill out with

1 Like

Hades: Early Access on Steam. $25

I’ve been thinking about getting outer worlds, obsidian makes good games. trying to resist the urge to play pillars of eternity 2 some more, it’s a deep hole. same for dragon age. tales of maj’eyal is about to do another update if you like roguelikes, it’s super addictive.

Siralim 3 if you like monster raising games. And Siralim ultimate is about to have a beta iirc.

Definitely a more technical game than Pokemon but it’s like crack for me.

Undertale, The entire dank souls series, Borderlands, Doom Eternal

1 Like

The Last Of Us 2 is released on June 19.

Prey is one of my favorite games ever. Seriously. So underrated.