Gameplay =/ Lore

I’m willing to call him significantly worse than a coward.

If the pvp stuff is true, not that I doubt it, he deserves a ban as far as I can be assed to care.

4 Likes

He’s demonstrated some pretty dementedly obsessive behavior, clearly will not stop trolling unless stopped.

In this case I’d agree. Having him around only does harm to the community.

8 Likes

I mean, he’s not doing anything against the rules of the game. It’s not a banable offense to be a jerk. Don’t get me wrong I dislike the guy and think he’s pathetic but banning is a bit much.

EDIT: Then again I’ve only ever experienced him from his one post on the MG forums and from banking lowbies is SW. So I could be wrong about him and he could actually be doing some stuff against the rules.

It’s going to be the same cycle of nonsense it always is with this stuff.

1 Like

Actually it is, hence why we did not hear from him for a few days.

2 Likes

I’ll iterate as much that it’s just my opinion.

“Cleverly” abusing Blizzard’s neigh criminal lack of moderation is not, as far as I care, defensible.

It’s 2019. That Blizzards allows wacky player, and more specifically rp’er, inconvenience and harrassment under the smokescreen of “pvp” is something that should have ended a decade ago.

2 Likes

hhhhhhheeheheehhehehehehehee

5 Likes

It’s not a bannable offense to kill someone flagged for PVP in-game. But being a troll is, yes.

Resident RP raider reporting in to say that this perspective is ahistorical at best (D&D) and literally untrue at worst (Dark Souls).

It actually isn’t that hard to make it work if you dedicate a little thought to it.

4 Likes

I’ve yet to meet anyone that RPs like this OP. It’s not widespread so I’m not sure why it’s even brought up. Maybe their is like one or two guys at one point, but no one I have encountered claims they killed the Lich King, AND Deathwing. I’ve met one person who claimed they were the one who killed Edwin Van Cleff but they told me OOC that he claims these things to make him seem like he’s a liar trying to look good.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with gameplay or lore. No one is concerned about who is RPing what or how they’re doing it. These are mere pretenses to starting another thread.

This person got teased once on our forums and hasn’t forgotten it. And they never will forget it. They will come back, fabricating newer and stranger reasons each time, to keep justifying why they keep coming back. Sometimes it will be RP policing, sometimes it will be standing up against imaginary lorebreakers, sometimes it will be some new, imagined slight.

Whatever the reason, the content will be the same each time: a long list of complaints about WrA to avoid confronting the fact that they got their feelings hurt and haven’t figured out how to move past it.

Some people will show up and argue it. Fewer each time. Until it fades into the background, like so many others, and will be forgotten as we talk about what kind of soup is best or whatever.

Obsessives all tell the same story and it ends the same way each time.

13 Likes

I claim that, but I also claim that everyone else has done it, too. I’m not really sure where that puts me on the spectrum we’ve established here.

3 Likes

I mean from a IC standpoint. :wink:

Alternatively, just let people RP as they please since they aren’t hurting you in doing so.

You don’t actually have to interact with them if you do not wish to. There’s no federal mandate forcing you to interact with someone you disagree with.

3 Likes

I know.

…as I always say, my RP is wildly heterodox.

1 Like

yeah and not every single one of those players take it as gospel either

well yeah that’s why it was a bunch of “heroes” alongside those major NPCs, they’re referenced in Chronicle and whatnot

please consider how absurd any veteran of any of these wars must be

please consider how absurd night elves and draenei are from their longevity and knowledge

please consider how absurd orcs are in their ability to power through anything because of their battle rage

please consider how absurd it is that one race of the Horde is walking dead people

please consider how absurd a video game in the fantasy genre is

please consider

11 Likes

I spell reflect your Hand of Justice onto you. You get stunned.

2 Likes

Aw, did someone beat you in an RP fight :frowning:

5 Likes

please understand

2 Likes

I am the canonical slayer of Illidan.

4 Likes