Game wont launch

Hello

Im getting an error that says Your 3d accelerator is not supported by world of warcraft

Is there anyway to get arond that i play on my dads laptop and when i tried to update it it said evrything was up to date
Thank you

You might want to post on Tech Support (if this isn’t moved there already). You’ll want to post your system specs also.

ok thank you for the help

Hello

I’m getting an error that says Your 3d accelerator is not supported by world of warcraft

Is there anyway to get around that i play on my dads laptop and when i tried to update it it said everything was up to date
Thank you

what is your 3d accelerator ?

Hi Bellagosa

We have a good number of these 3D accelerator issues since the patch dropped. Let’s have a look at things. Can you create a DXDiag system report:

The second section of page has DXDiag report instructions - we don’t require the MSinfo report.

That will be a wall of text. If you have issues pasting on the Forum here go ahead and put it up on pastebin.com. Provide the link code portion of the URL - example below.

(The green bold portion at the end of this example link: https://pastebin.com/Qk28Ed1P <=== this code)

Alternately you can place the link in a Preformatted Text box. Paste the link in the chatbox - then highlight it. Click the preformatted text button along the top of the chatbox - looks like this </>

Will look like this example afterwards:

https://pastebin.com/xxxxxxxx

Bellagosa,

Just as a note, for systems with below minimum requirement graphics that were working prior to the pre-patch, one of our developers posted information regarding that here. In general, this is being worked on, but make sure to check the DirectX settings in the command line arguements.

If that doesn’t seem to fix the situation or you’re not sure, copy and paste the DxDiag text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

That fixed it thank you so much Sorry i didnt anser sooner I coudnt get on the computer

No worries, Bellagosa! Thank you for keeping us updated.