Game randomly freezes

My game randomly freezes and goes to desktop for about 5 seconds or so. This happens periodically. My video drivers are up to date on my RTX 2060

1 Like

I am also having this issue. Reinstalled WoW and video card drivers are up to date. Is it an RTX 2060 issue? I have one too.

1 Like

Same here, reimaged my PC installed wow Fresh and still happens, sound also gets stuck , if you minimize the game and go back to the game the sound stops completely and starts over. This includes music, speech and sound effects.

Greetings there is currently known issues with the latest Video Drivers and RTX 2000 series cards. It is currently being tracked in this thread:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/nvidia-46079-drivers/766732

I hope there is some useful information.

So I found this in a reddit forum and it fixed it for a few days but the freezing has come back but I only get it maybe like once or twice a day now so it still might help. Oh guess you can’t post links but here is what the person said.

Hi people. Found a solution. Select your graphics card specifically, and update both studio drivers and GEFORCE Game Ready Driver - WHQL. This seems to do the trick.

It helped me some with the constant freezing when I updated the studio driver.

GTX 970 … I get the same… just random freezes… two to three times a day… will go from 100 fps to just frozen for 10 sec

2 Likes

I have a 1080 TI and it just started doing this to me as well.