Game locks up PC

With the past couple of days playing WoW after an hour or so my game will freeze my PC - still image, the sound and all else continue in the background, but I can’t do anything so I force restart it. I haven’t had any problems with any other games I’ve played, and it’s driving me crazy trying to find out what’s wrong. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled my AMD drivers many a time, but the system isn’t even that old and it’s like playing whackamole troubleshooting it.

My current specs are:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
GPU: AMD Radeon 6900 XT
RAM: 32 GB - 4x 8GB DDR4 3600Mhz

Can you post a dxdiag along with the output of hardware monitor .

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.
  5. Post on paste bin and post the link here

Alright, got a dxdiag log right here. https://pastebin.com/BF5wiuw0 As in the main monitor? Sorry, I’ve got a bit of a dumb. It’s a Sceptre 2k monitor capable of 144hz, I have 2, that’s the main one other is an old Dell 60hz monitor.

here is the link its a program that monitors the hardware installed thing like temps and voltages

Ah, that’s what you meant. Here’s the output of the hardware from HWMonitor https://pastebin.com/kjEVTXUU

Can you add some images to imgur and link here. Just expand all the hardware. That file is messy.

Right here, neater than the text mess. https://imgur.com/a/l2xO3SV

Did you install the preview drivers for this card? It has a known issue with several games. Some players are using DX11 to prevent it. You can read the thread here (it also relates to series 6000 cards):

I’m currently on the latest drivers for AMD 24.1.1, I was using 23.1.1-something from a couple of months ago. I updated about 8 hours ago after reinstalling AMD drivers. It happened on the older driver which is odd to me, DX12 was running fine for the longest time, so something must’ve changed in the past week to suddenly start issues.

Yeah I get the same issue but im on a 7900xtx, I read somewhere about underclocking massively can help but as far as I know there is no fix and I have not seen any acknowledgement that amd cant run dx12. I read vulkan might be the best bandaid as dx11 runs like crap

I noticed it crashes in all the game versions too classic, retail etc in dx12

In wow unfortunately arena seems to be the biggest trigger and dungeons in classic
I would crash multiple times an instance if i tried to do wailing caverns.

I swear its easily reproduceable just try to do wailing caverns in dx12 on an AMD card good luck 7900xtx especially

time for class action agaisnt amd how can they sell cards that dont run dx12

Ugh, the feeling is mutual. Of all the games, it had to be WoW with this issue. Lmao cris in corner For a while I was actually running it in DX12 with hardly any issues and now suddenly a freight train of problems, must’ve just been a stroke of luck.

Several people fixed their issue with the newest preview drivers in that thread I linked.

was this taken with the game running or just Idle will guess idle? Could you run another hardware monitor with the game running? The text version is fine its easier to read.

That previous one was idle, here’s an updated one with the game up and running. https://pastebin.com/Uqcrd8Mw

Everything looks good with the HWmonitor, but it does look like there may be some windows coruption.

1. ault bucket , type 0

2. Event Name: WindowsWcpStoreCorruption

3. Response: Not available

1. Make sure you’ve installed the latest updates for Windows, and then restart your machine. To find out more, read Update Windows.
  2. In the search box on the taskbar, type command prompt, and right-click or press and hold Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the list of results. Select Run as administrator, and then selectYes .
  3. Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the space before each “/”), and then press Enter. (Note: This step may take a few minutes to start and complete.)
  4. After you see a message that says “The operation completed successfully,” type sfc /scannow (note the space between “sfc” and “/”) and press Enter.
  5. After you see a message that says, “Verification 100% complete,” type exit and press Enter.

I’m currently up to date with Windows Updates, and have done those a few times, so far it’s clean - I did one a few minutes ago. Sometimes Windows is a bit dumb with updates and stuff gets corrupted , worst case scenario if anymore issues pop up I’ll do a clean install. So far I haven’t had any issues on DX12 after reinstalling WoW and updating GPU drivers. - My famous last words before something goes wrong.

nothing worked for me just gunna unsub this is silly, I could live with DX11 before 10.2 because I got okay FPS but after 10.2 i get 40 fps in valdrakken on a 7800x3d and 7900xtx lmao.

I had better performance on an old computer with a 1080ti and an 7700k

I will say in general deleting the dx12 cache often seemed to be the only thing that slowed down the problem for me

underclock preview drivers u name it TDP changes blah blah blah clean installs RMA’d the GPU (thanks AMD for 100 shipping you don’t cover) lol this is such a nightmare

I saw there was a class action lawsuit for the vaporchamber but lets get one rolling for the dx12 issues because I imagine theres a ton of people who would throw money at that just out of spite

The fact this has been going on with no fix for over a year now… insane

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.