Game lagging and slow

Using only 3 addons and the game is lagging and stuttering a lot. Updated to newest driver. Wonder if the graphics is too optimized = setting is set to 5.

Hi Broomba

We should start off with a DXDiag system report:

The second section of page has DXDiag report instructions - we don’t require the MSinfo report.

That will be a wall of text. If you have issues pasting on the Forum here go ahead and put it up on pastebin.com. Provide the link code portion of the URL - example below.

(The green bold portion at the end of this example link: https://pastebin.com/Qk28Ed1P <=== this code)

Alternately you can place the link in a Preformatted Text box. Paste the link in the chatbox - then highlight it. Click the preformatted text button along the top of the chatbox - looks like this </>

Will look like this example afterwards:

https://pastebin.com/xxxxxxxx

Hey Tratt, same issue just paste in my DXDiag report here?

If that was your dxdiag, then we have the following issues -

Windows 10 install out of date - Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)

Nvidia Drivers out of date - 25.21.14.1771, Driver Date/Size: 1/10/2019 5:00:00 PM, 957616 bytes

And you have a number of errors that frustratingly provide no information.

1. Windows Error Reporting:
  2. +++ WER0 +++:
  3. No Data

I’d start with updating your windows install and your nvidia drivers. Update the drivers directly from nvidia.com.

Hi Galesongbird

Go with Zungar’s suggestions. Let us know if you have any issues updating those things.

One thing - before you try to update Windows we should check your current Windows for issues. May avoid update problems.

Type cmd in the Windows search box. Right click on Command Prompt that appears - select “Run as Administrator”

At the Command Prompt cursor type or paste: (after pasting click enter key to start things)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth (takes a minute - then at C prompt run)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth (this and the next command can take awhile)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

*While running DISM using the /RestoreHealth or /ScanHealth, you could notice the process may seem stuck at 20% or 40%, normal behavior. After a few minutes the scan will finish. When the bar reaches 100% it may seem to stall give it some time.

Next run the System File Check command. It will take 10 minutes or so.

sfc /scannow (space between sfc and /scannow)

If sfc /scannow finds errors the tool will attempt to repair them. It will print that out. If it prints successful repairs - great. If it prints “could not repair all” - run it again.

Note - If you are typing the commands there is a space before each slash symbol - /

I play ESO, SW and FF14 and have no stuttering, lags, or even pauses in fps when loading in or out of zones, areas. Only WOW retail does this, not classic, but WOW PTR does this as well. Weird that after WoD this problem became common where as before WoD I didnt have this problem.

Hi Broomba

First let’s test things in a Selective Startup mode:

Then test Retail while the game is running in DirectX 11 mode. Change the setting on the character selection screen > Menu > System > Advanced > Graphics API.

(While you are on that pane set the game to use your Nvidia - it will be set to Automatic.)

I run WOW, SW, FF14 off an external SSD and the only one that acts up is retail wow and ptr wow, classic wow runs smooth – wondering if retail wow and its servers merging caused this cause before Legion this wasnt an issue even on a reg hdd on my C drive.

I would bet a sack of gold if you put Retail back on a internal SSD drive all your woes would be gone. Retail doesn’t like an internal HHD - so an external SSD isn’t great.

dont have an internal SDD and when its on my internal reg HDD since WoD its been bad and lagging causing problems and issues.

Then wow and the system and its graphics since WoD has been ruined if an internal HDD isnt good for me unlike the other games i play with no issues. Please reconsider change wow back to pre-legion.

As I said the internal SSD will likely be the fix. Some folk have had good luck with external drives - it seems to be hit and miss there. Is this a notebook or desktop we are dealing with.

Sticking a SSD in a desktop is easy mode - even for someone with no knowledge. I could give you a hand there.

2.5",SATA III,120GB to 239GB,240GB to 479GB Internal SSDs | Newegg.com

Desktop – gaming one. To install an SSD internally, i would have to get a new mothherboard which this pc wont let me do

That’s a bit odd for a desktop. Let’s have a look at what you have there. Can you provide the Make - Model details.

It’s a prebuilt pc omen gaming desktop from 2017-2018.

Wow is only one in 4-5 years that doesn’t perform well since Legion onward. Something that caused pc to underperformed.

Could you be more specific with a model number?

I found a youtube review of a Omen from 2018. I see no issue at all with adding drives - has sata power cables - has extra HDD drive bays. As Elocin points out a model would be useful. Should be on a sticker somewhere.

My omen cant, already looked it up before buying an external SSD