Game is Crashing My PC

My ability to play WoW has come to a halt. Within the last 3 days, I will launch and try to play WoW, and within minutes, my computer shuts off and restarts to the PC Login screen.
This issue does not happen with any other games, I’ve tested it. What could have caused this? I have uninstalled WoW and will try re-installing and see what happens. But something with the game has changed and started causing this. Please help me figure it out, because I already pre-ordered Shadowlands.

UPDATE : Looks like a reinstall did the trick. I’m playing now and will see what happens. I think the issue may have been with the pre-patch download? Who knows.

1 Like

Howdy Tíkí,

It’s unlikely to be related to the pre-patch or the game install itself. If a game isn’t working correctly, the OS would crash the program to the desktop. It’s not possible for the game itself to cause a shut down due to the hardware abstraction layer.

Typically if the entire computer restarted, this indicates a deeper problem within the hardware itself, such as with the memory, motherboard, cpu or powersupply. It could also indicate some kind of overheating issue. While it’s good that this appears to be resolved, if it happens again I would recommend contacting a local PC tech who can take a closer look.