Game crashes or loses mouse function in windowed mode with macOS v12.3 & TBCC v2.5.4

I updated from macOS Monterey v12.2.1 to v12.3 on 3/22/22, which is the same day TBC Classic updated to v2.5.4, so I’m not sure exactly which one causes the problem. Since then, the game will often crash upon startup (i.e., clicking the WoW Classic icon). Sometimes it doesn’t crash, and it will let me log in to the game world. However, if I click on a different window (like Firefox on my second monitor) then click back to the WoW window, it loses all mouse abilities. My keyboard still works, but I can not click on anything or interact with in WoW with my mouse. The cursor also does not change back to the iconic gauntlet cursor, so it looks like WoW is no longer even registering my mouse.

I’ve been playing this game every day for months on my M1 mac with 0 issues, so it looks like it’s a problem with the latest patch. But it’s making the game unplayable for macOS users. Please fix this.

I was fine using 12.3 on my M1 Max MacBook Pro on Tuesday after after the reset and update to 2.5.4. On Wednesday I found that when I tried to resize my window, the wow client window would immediately ignore all mouse input (not allowing the window to resize). Keyboard input still functioned. Only solution was to quit from the menu bar. Mouse was fine in all other programs and activities. I ran a dungeon with my son in law on Wednesday night, and he said he had the same problem (he’s on an Intel MacBook Pro). I’m not sure what would have caused this because I’m assuming nothing changed between Tues evening and Wed (unless there was a stealth hot fix pushed out). Playing in full screen mode works fine, and resizing the window via the system options can work. Just can’t click on the edge of a window and drag it to a new size. a pain for those of us 2 boxing and having multiple windows open. hard to get them resized correctly. I have seen a thread in the Mac forum regarding this going on for the past couple of months, but it doesn’t seem to be getting much attention. Not sure if that’s because most users just use full screen and never see it, or because it isn’t affecting all users.

This still has not been fixed yet, and there’s no response, update, or fix from Blizzard.

Absolutely unbelievable. The same thing is happening to retail WoW, see here: Windowed Mode - resizing quits WoW - #35 by Doñaldtrump-faerlina

Some of the PLAYERS have actually read through the crash reports and have made more headway in identifying the issue than “small indie company” Blizzard has.

This is still a problem for me as well (TBC classic)

Same issue: window mode loses all mouse function.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro18,3
Chip: Apple M1 Pro
Total Number of Cores: 10 (8 performance and 2 efficiency)
Memory: 16 GB
System Firmware Version: 7459.141.1
OS Loader Version: 7459.141.1

Same issue here on my M1 Macbook Pro. I’m pretty sure the specs don’t matter, this is a weird issue with however the Window mode is working in. OSX.

Still a problem for me as well