Game Crash issue that I narrowed down for you

Couple months ago, I would receive a hard disconnect (as in logged out) at certain times. I narrowed it down to the following:

1. Hanging out in Boralus.
  2. Semi-afk.

Tech support was “Rottweiler on steak-bone” fixated that I was disconnecting normally via going afk and being logged out on purpose. The statement that this thing was disconnecting me back to the login screen, as opposed to back to character selection (which is what going AFK does…then, 30 min later, logs you off totally) was completely ignored like I was stupid or something.

So, I narrowed it down further. There is a bug, in the guild window, when you have officer privileges, that will occasionally hard disconnect you when it is left open and alone by itself for a while. This occurs to only officers in my guild, and only if you have the guild window open.

I have not narrowed it down any further since I have a workaround, which is to try to not leave the window open for long.

You may use this information as you wish.

this is a known issue. don’t know why tech support didn’t arrive at that conclusion, stuff happens. but there is no workaround at this point except as you said closing the window.

As Yindar stated, this is a known issue that we’re aware of. In most situations, it’s very easy to miss the guild screen issue since it doesn’t always disconnect right away and its tied to a very generic error. Unless our team actively checked the characters, it may not be caught right away :confused: Sorry for the trouble, but hopefully this provides a bit of reassurance that we’re aware and the issue has been escalated to our Quality Assurance team for some time now.

I’ll get this added to our Known issues list as well, but in the mean time. We have a thread here about the issue.

I appreciate the response. I can deal with the issue, it is NOT big, and I am fine with it being, as my employer says “This is a known issue that is being worked, but without a known time of resolution.”

It’s disappointing though that every issue we bring up has to go through the “did you cycle your modem / have you run the MTR” hurdles before we get listened to, so maybe that could be improved a bit.

Thanks!

Appreciate the feedback! I’ll leave a note on our tracking in hopes that our technical support team will proactively check for characters that fit the description! Just to avoid the headache for some, I’ve added this over to our known issues :slight_smile: We’ll update the thread when we have more information from our team!