Gallywix Started the War

After you blow up Mekkatorque’s ship, Gallywix starts talking about if he never told Sylv about the Azerite, then none of this would have happened. Just something I never thought about. Also, I hate Gally, but I also love him.

1 Like

I think he realized he did something stupid but ultimately doesn’t care. He’s greed will probably be his undoing in the end.

I wonder where we’d be if he didn’t try to snatch it all up? I can’t stand him but playing as a horde I did come to like the Goblins a bit, I don’t think he’s their best representation. That said I’ll kill anyone of them that I see in Darkshore. :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Like he says this line with some regret or just an offhand comment? Tone and context are pretty important. Though either way I feel it’s a little late to be trying to humanize Gallywix if they’re planning to put him in the anti Sylvanas camp.

1 Like

Hate you but also love you is what a lot of people feel about him, he is probably the best written character this expansion. Anyway, Gallywix told sylvanas he found a shiny rock that can conduct energy very easily, but he can’t be held responsible for the actions done by sylvanas, as sylvanas is COMPLETELY INSANE! She was gonna declare war sooner or later, discovering wow plutonium just caused her to have deadlier weaponry when she did.

9 Likes

Pretty much this - his awfulness is endearing in it’s own way. That, and he’s one of the few characters that’s genuinely a terrible person without involving things like the void / old gods / etc.

I kinda feel that the note they end the expansion on might be kinda like Prince of Persia - you go back in time to stop everything bad that happens just by confronting Gallywix. The counterargument though is that someone would have figured azerite out pretty quickly. - kinda hard to keep it a secret when there’s big chunks of it popping out of the ground near the giant sword that was recently thrust into the planet.

7 Likes

Credit where credit is due, Gallywix is one of the few characters Blizzard has managed to keep consistent over the years (but this might be because Gallywix is not much of a complicated character).

3 Likes

He says it with regret and genuine wonder at first and then he’s like “F it I don’t care haha, I got the GMOD.” It’s definitely meant as a funny moment, but it does have some meaning to it. Just thought I’d bring it up.

Also there is that quick moment with his hologram that made me chuckle too.

1 Like

Gallywix certainly played a role, but he didn’t start the war no.

Actions lay in those who commit them. Sylvanas and Saurfang started this war in their attack on Teldrassil. Gallywix is responsible for finding the Azerite which was a cause of the war, but it was the descisions of others that ultimately led to the war itself.

I’m a bit of a sticker when it comes to blame.

I find it kinda haliarous that Gallywix went from one of the most hated wow leaders to being endeared. Everyone hated him in Cata through most of MoP, then he got involved in the Lorewalker short story.

2 Likes

Sylvanas was going to make her move with or without Gallywix influence. In Elegy we see how paranoid she was about an upcoming war, and she never mentioned the Azerite. Of course, the Azerite helped a lot to ignite the war even more, even so, the war was going to come by Sylvanas with or without Azerite in the midle.

i guess you could say he is the catalyst that set everything in motion

Azerite pops up everywhere. Sooner or later

Even if he dismisses the consequences of his actions, Gallywix does understand them. That shows a level of introspection, and dare I say, consideration.

Blizzard could have made him less directly involved and more removed from the politics. But he is down with Sylvanas. He fully understands what that could mean. He lets us know that he is under no delusions and sees the war as a way to bolster his position, and the Horde’s position by association.

He could have kept the Azerite his secret. He could have ordered it sent to Dalaran or even sold it to Anduin. Instead he went to Sylvanas, and he lets the Horde player know that he is fine with the outcome so far.

2 Likes

Sylvannas made a call based on the Alliance’s past behavior. Her argument was that if the Alliance got a hold of a game changer, they would seek to settle their longstanding issues with the Horde by force, if not now, maybe five or fifty years down the line. And her vision of the future was that of the Forsaken immolating themselves rather than face what the Alliance had in store for them.

On that basis, everything she’s done, every decision she’s made since was justified.

2 Likes

we didnt start the fire

2 Likes

She was already going to invade Stormwind even without the discovery of Azerite… Before the Storm makes this blatantly clear!

It was in aid of invading Stormwind that she consulted Saurfang not in aid of getting Azerite like she publicly claimed. She used Azerite as a smokescreen to fool Alliance Members and Horde Members into thinking it is the cause of the war.

As of right now Gallywix, Talanji and Geya’rah are probably the only ones not aware of Sylvanas’s true goals. They probably think Sylvanas burned Teldrassil to keep the Alliance away from the Azerite when infact she has all the Azerite she needs.

The value the Azerite gives her is multiple sound schemes to use against the Alliance and for this she only needs a couple of chunks which she probably already has. Gallywix is so insecure that he believes himself to be the cause of the war…

4 Likes