Gaining access to old family account

I recently just build my first gaming PC, and along with that I downloaded the blizzard app hoping that I would be able to play WoW on my old family account with a simple subscription payment… Unfortunately I need the authenticator to log in which is what I was afraid of. This account has not been used in a long time, probably since 2013 or 2014 if i’m not mistaken. The authenticator has since then been lost or thrown away. Is there any way that I can gain access to this account and put a new authenticator on it?

Billing can likely help, provided the person who setup the account - the account holder, contacts us through a ticket.

Whose name was it under?

2 Likes

It was under my dads email. I made a ticket on the blizzard app and waited 2-3 days to get a response but it says resolved with no response.

You might want to remove that email, anybody can see it since these are public forums

1 Like

Definitely edit out that e-mail address.

You should be able to find your ticket history here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/case/

1 Like

Alright. Customer support asked for whose name it was under would it be better to use his name instead? i wasnt sure how to respond to that on a public forum :sweat_smile:

Nope, just mentioning that it was your dad is all I think Orlyia wanted to know :wink:

Thanks for editing it out! Were you able to see the tiket you put in using the link I provided?

1 Like

Yes i was. thank you!

2 Likes

We just need him to submit the ticket, with his ID. Did you see the answer to the ticket we responded to 27 days ago?

1 Like

I did not.

Because the account is in your father’s name, he will need to put in a ticket himself and attach a copy of his ID and request the removal of the authenticator.

1 Like

I still have my FOB authenticator from when they first came out. It still works, but I would like to remove it. Open the same type of ticket? I would be putting it on my mobile since the FOB batteries seem to be failing.

I think for that you can log into your battle net account and add your mobile authenticator, and then remove the fob authenticator. I’ll be adding the mobile one to mine as well, as soon as I can access the account.

1 Like