Fury warriors--what's your corruption look like?

Hey guys, just looking to see what most of you are doing for corruption-- I have 3 cshb and am stacking severe but with it at mother this rotation I’m wondering if I should grab more.

Unfortunately I missed strikethrough because I’ve been mostly arms/prot. It seems like most top rated warriors are running severe to a point and then a TD3 with a strikethrough, but my corruption cap just isn’t there yet. Should I grab another severe at ~41% crit or wait for TD3?

Personally I run TD3, 3xSevere3, and a Strikethrough 3. Its basically a M+ setup, but it does more single target than I ever had progressing on raid bosses, so I use it for everything. Pretty solid blend of ST, small packs, and large packs.

When to use Strikethrough vs Severe is very much an individual question best answered by a sim. That being said, 41% crit is really low and I can say with near certainty you don’t need to worry about strikethrough yet.

I would agree it’s lowish, but the highest ranked fury warrior in m+ is running 51% so it seems like there is a huge disparity between what people are going for considering you’re 10% over that and he’s running strikethrough.

Who specifically are you referring to - the highest ranked fury warrior pushes primarily as Arms now.

To be honest, I’m not sure as I looked at them last night when simming etc. Looking again now, the first one I found was at 59% so maybe it was an anomaly or a different set he logged out in.

Regardless, you’re saying it would make far more sense to keep stacking severe while ramping up the crit than it would be to focus on TD3 or strikethrough? I would love some TD but definitely don’t have the cap space for the corruption yet.

Sorry posted on wrong toon.

It was already tough to catch people in their M+ setups vs raid before, now with Arms being so good it gets even harder. But you can go off the corruptions they ran in specific keys, even if it doesn’t show their exact crit.

As I said, whether to get more Severe or more Strikethrough is very much an individual sim decision. More crit makes Strikethrough better, and Strikethrough makes crit better. CSHB doesn’t benefit from crit damage.

I’ve generally found that in a patchwerk sim, at around 50% or so Strikethrough pulls ahead. It certainly did for me and that’s what alot of people in Skyhold are saying happens for them. But ‘pulls ahead’ is different from dominating. Severe tends to continue to dominate things like Dungeon Slice or 5-target patchwerk sims. Which matters more to you, or which specific balance you want, is a very important part of the equation.

At your crit level, I don’t think Strikethrough is going to be better for you under any circumstances. I could be wrong - sim it. Once your crit gets higher, the balancing act becomes how much better on patchwerk does it have to be to justify being how much worse on multi-target? I grabbed Strikethrough when it wound up being like .5% better on patchwerk, and like .1% worse on multi-target.

I love TD3, I’m running it as I said. As long as I’m playing Fury, I expect to continue to do so. It has some RNG to it, and it’s not phenomenal on pure single target, but it really coves a weakness in Fury (more than 5 targets) and just adds some serious reliable overall damage throughput. I would never stack it higher, but I really like having that baseline.

Your issue as you point out is a bit bigger than just what corruptions to pick. You’re 36 points behind on the cloak, and there’s just no making that up, and you need those Expedients to make it to 20% haste.

Grinding out echoes to max out your cloak’s corruption resistance is the biggest thing you can obviously do, but I think better itemization might free you up to make the corruption choices you clearly want to make. There’s a fair bit of room in your kit for you to get more crit and haste baseline from your gear. Farming mementos for sockets would also make a huge difference for you too.

You’re actually somewhat advanced now in your set-up. That’s good and bad - it means you’re doing really well (/applaud) but it also means improvements will take more work, like farming M+ for a slightly better set of gloves or farming echoes/mementos.

All this makes sense and thanks for the input, I appreciate it all.

Unfortunately, as pointed out, I’m pretty handcuffed just based on my being late to the game getting back on this old dinosaur of a warrior. I also need to find weekly n’zoth kills, but I play with a tight group of friends and only a few of us do the raid at all so it’s pretty hard to find a group in a pug especially since I don’t have aotc.

1 Like