Fury warrior or rogue?

So we all know that warriors and rogues are complete trash in TBC, right? It is known. (Just like how we all knew that tbc wasn’t going to happen…until it did, right? :roll_eyes:) Edit 2- this was all sarcasm, if you didn’t take it to be sarcasm you should have your sarcasm meter checked.

So with that outta the way, I’ve always found melee to be more fun than ranged for raiding and would like some advice as to whether you think fury or rogue would be more fun for raiding in TBC. Also looking to do some arenas (obviously would go arms if I played warrior) Thanks.

Edit- not asking about arms. I know that’s the meta, that’s not what I’d rather play.

Go arms so you can provide better DPS and raid debuffs, but also MS in pvp.

1 Like

Go orc rogue to better slaughter alliance and their children

2 Likes

If you’re even the slightest bit interested in pvp, then I recommend playing a rogue. Not that warrior is bad in pvp, but rogue is way more fun.

1 Like

Both are viable. Rogue struggles a little bit more early in the xpac in PVE.

Choose based on playstyle as they are vastly difference not viability.

Rogue

Burst might win 2s, depending on the comp but 3s is all about that control with some burst or draining mana/outlasting.

Not that it matters all that much since you can get all the gear from any bracket.

Why does everybody say this? From my experience rogues destroyed most people on the meters on most fights.

1 Like

Well I do appreciate the response, I know arms is the meta spec and I’m not really sure that I’d want to play it. Fury strikes me as more satisfying to play if I went warrior, so that’s what I’d rather play because fun is more important.

Fury war will have better cleave on trash and do better single target at end game. You’re also better off going war for 2s and 3s comps.

I think people are not using their brains and just parroting whatever they read on reddit.

Tbc logs show rogues being top melee dps and right behind warlocks and hunters in nearly every fight, and way above in some bosses that actually do favor them.

Warriors and rogues are not complete trash. People need to stop spreading this garbage meme. They are between the top dps and the hybrids like moonkin and elemental. They are not trash.

1 Like

Warriors are top 3 dps in tbc and they have 2 viable dps specs in arms and fury, what do you mean trash? Rogue ain’t horrible either once you get some good gear and pair them with an arms warrior and enh shammy.

1 Like

Pretty much every warrior, shaman, and rogue will have access to battle shout, soe, blessing of might, kings, WF and unleash rage + motw.

They won’t do bad DPS with that sheer amount of attack power from raid buffs alone.

I’m going ret, so I’ll be lower still.

For what it’s worth, rogues and warriors might fight over gear still (leather, one-handers, etc.)

You’ll want to go arms warrior, not fury.

I think any guild will want at least one arms warrior, for the damage debuff and sunders. Great in PvP and you can get all the offset prot gear that your pally doesn’t need. God of 2’s when paired with a resto druid.

Rogue is only needed really for imp expose armor. Easy to gear, especially for weapons (no other 1h classes to take your weapons EXCEPT maybe hunters, but they get staffs/polearms usually). Absolute monsters in arena.

Both play completely different in PvP, and for the most part in PvE.

You WILL have trouble pugging, I assure you.
I was there in TBC in my Rogue, almost every single party was
“LFM ranged dps, healer or tank”

I guess at least with the warrior you can tank and actually get in a group.

Raid spots will be there, but they’ll be sparse.

Also, in the end none of our opinions matter, it’s you who will be paying for your acct, and you who will be playing the character, and you alone who will reap what you sow based on those decisions so to speak.

1 Like

Ehhhhhh, some of us were there. Most classes are balanced, the problem is limited space, and TBC being so ranged friendly.

If you need a few DPS and a tank, are you going to take a herpderp dps warrior to take your tanks loot, or a ranged class?

Will you take a rogue over a hunter, mage, or lock, or even a spriest? I wouldn’t.

1 Like

I was just being sarcastic. It seems everything I see these days is so down on melee dps. Just trying to make light of the fact nearly all content creators seem to have agreed that they’re just dead weight.

Fury TBC is not fun at all, you just hit spells off CD.
Rogue is a lot more fun
Arms pve is very fun though, esp when you can cleave like Council or Morogrim

1 Like

Yeah I tried out fury back in the day and didn’t like it. Mainly because keeping rampage up wasn’t very fun to me.

If I was making the choice I’d go rogue. From a PvE perspective they’re nice simply because they can threat drop.