Fury warrior feels like it does no damage outside of ravager (raging blow build)

https://i.imgur.com/X7PmULM.jpeg
This is my build.
I grealy dislike anything to do with cold steel hot blood, or bleeds of any kind, i also despise having to use SLAM as fury and having WW on a 7 sec cooldown, fury imo is supposed to be pure high apm fun.
so i did the raging blow build i was using in pre patch.

I absolutely blow up in damage during my 1.5m cooldown windows
Enrage>ravager>spear>2gcds>odyns fury + regular aoe rotation.
However whenever im just doing my regular cleave rotation my damage is terrible, tank terrible, feels like my raging blows do no damage, feels like my rampage also hits for nothing.

What is going on, has fury became another cooldown spec like boomy?

2 Likes

Did some tweaks to the skill tree, went full RB/rampage, i almost never press BT.
it improved things a bit, but its still very underwhelming, especially against this meme meta bleed build which is extremely slow and boring to play.
Imagine having your damage coming from “dots” if i wanted that i would play affliction…
imagine playing fury just to be forced to play with a slow playstyle like arms.

Why do the fun way to play is always the weakest…

1 Like

Pretty “Cookie Cutter” build. Try changing things up?.

I’ve been running a spear 1h build with some tweaks on some trees to give more haste and crits. Turns out i’m out dps’ing 2h builds in most cases.

Cookie cutter builds is what going to be meta.
I tweaked the RB build to my liking, i still find infuriating that the meta build is based on the worst playstyle possible for fury.

btw, im talking about doing high keys and doing actual competitive damage here.
It will take some time for us to see how these builds perform with proper gear and in actual m+ scenarios.
For now it seems like this cringy bleed build will be meta.

1 Like

You missed a couple of the bigger talents needed for that tree. You want to grab “Slaughtering Strikes” for sure, it’s what gives “Rampage” some extra punch.
You can drop “Bloodcraze” as well, since you’re not going with the Bloodbath build.

I’ve been testing out some alternatives to the Annihilator build, (at least for dungeons and M+), this is my current favorite:
BgEAR5QSZgdnGefDo4ho9ZGXKHAAAAAAAAAAIAJokQQEEiARjIhIQkESSaJRSkggkkEplWAikEAAAQA

I see people talking about the “meta build” what is the meta build?

Ye, i dropped anything related to BT.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/352998257489608705/1048651918957887518/image.png
Still, im damn sure this can’t compete with the meta build, this is extremely fun to play however, so im sticking to it.

This garbage.

Well, Archi knows his stuff, and has been a theory crafter staple for warrior class. His info is usually from math hammering and running sims with various APIs.
So in a perfect scenario he’s right. There is a lot to consider though, in actual game terms. If anyone is serious about learning and perfecting their warrior game, I’d suggest joining us on Skyhold Warrior discord.

5 Likes

I know what im doing and i dislike discord groups.
I know that these builds are perfectly simmed, im just saying that they’re unfun to play.
the person that made it is not at fault.

i just did 42k overall with my pure RB build, afaik its not that far behind the bleed one, so ill 100% stick to it.

Exactly why i stepped away from the “Meta” and went 1h.

HASTE IS KING BRO. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been doing okay, but I feel like some specs definitely put my damage to shame. I don’t think I’ve found the secret sauce yet – averaging around 20-40k DPS on trash assuming I don’t die or get CC’d from standing in the literal ven diagram of death on every freaking pull in some dungeons lol. My damage is pretty consistent, I do wish it were higher though. I feel like some of the problem is that I’m just taking whatever gear I can get, and not focusing on haste though.

I don’t understand how the Annihilator build could ever be competitive. Raging Blow is a huge% of my damage, and it AOEs when combined with the WW talent… I can’t imagine 1000 extra damage on auto attacks can even remotely compete since it would take like 5-10 auto attacks to compensate for missing out on one single raging blow… which I’m spamming constantly. But I’m probably doing it all wrong. I like my current build… but I’m probably gonna do a lot more science.

I did some dungeons with a monk friend and i was always 1-2k behind him in overall at the end, my cooldown windows were huge, but outside of that, he smoked me every time.
any pull where we both were dry on cds he would demolish my damage.

I have admittedly been very lucky with M0 drops so far, but a slight variation of what some people have ever so kindly referred as the “Meta” or “cookie cuter” I’ve ended most dungeons around 50-60k overall and have bursted for over 260k while PIed with a triple pack pull on the Legacy of Tyr dungeon. The build works for a reason guys.

I generally hate specs with more than one resource to keep track of because I can’t keep my eyes on what’s actually happening on the screen as much as I could. Compared to classes like warrior, that allow me to have some aura for all my relevant abilities and hide most of my UI, death knights, shadow priests, rogues, feral druids and maybe others, are not very interesting to play as. That being said, dk’s lore still rocks way too hard to be ignored, but playing fury while NOT picking up most dot related stuff and going for skills that increases my apm just makes me feel like an angry razor hurricane on fire (plus, I can avoid death when I fall from very high places)

The gameplay of your build isn’t fun, at all.
It goes against what fury warrior was always meant to be.

I’ve been feeling this too, all the 1m 30s cd’s feel like the only saving grace and numerous other specs pump big with basic rotation and no cds. Anni build isn’t fun at all either so I’m kind of stumped on what talents to go with

Will Fury be viable for raids?

Heard from a friend that fury with the ST talents is solid.

Lol, til, one of the top theorycrafters in the game can’t do better than “garbage”

Can you read? or your fanboysm prevents you from doing so?
i mentioned that the build and playstyle are garbage, not the person that simmed it.