Fury Warrior damage

At this point in the season, percents don’t mean much as it doesn’t account for players who are no longer active. Also, just because a spec has low rep in 3s, doesn’t mean that can’t be broken in 2s. Fury is much more manageable in 3s.

You are absolutely right, the numbers are skewed, but if you have been watching the current trend and keeping up with the changes, you would have notice that Elemental Shamans jumped to being a top-tier spec since 8.1. That could easily be seen in their overall increase in representation, surpassing other specs… Same thing happened to Mistweaver Monks after 8.1 hit, and now is starting to decrease because of the nerfs.

Also, news flash, 2s is not, has never, and will never be balanced. The devs don’t balance the game around 2s, they balance it around 3s, why do you think they removed Gladiator from 2s back in Wrath?

Do you know what other classes are doing really well in 2s? Assassin Rogues and Survival Hunters, should we nerf those as well? Or are you going to be biased?

Bottom-line, if you’re complaining about 2s balance, then you’re wasting your time.

3 Likes

MS isnt active all the time so your math is poo manshoo

This is the thread boys. People complain about anything. People can outplay good damage. Much harder to outplay good damage, stuns and strong CC (LOOKING AT YOU ROGUES AND SV)

5 Likes

/Sigh man… The game has never been balanced around 2s. If you nerf fury in 2s you don’t think it will affect their already under represented 3s?

Also do you know how long sv/healer was even more broken? Or rogue/healer? Fury is literally nothing to any of those :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

People just like to cry about things they dont know about. These forums are in a constant perpetual state of complaining about one class. Its went from the justifiable crying (BM, rshams, rogues and recently MW) and apparently now its fury’s turn.

3 Likes

I get that and there really is no need to mention it. But, 2s matter more then they have in the last few expansions simply because they are a place to get titles and gear from. They are somewhat relevant. I don’t think they will ever be perfectly balanced, but outliers can still be addressed.

And yes, sv and sub are strong in 2s. A loit of melee are strong in 2s atm. WW, Ret, DK… they are all relevant.

The difference is fury is just more forgiving right now. Fury can run at heals all day and ignore peels and los and just keep doing damage. Fury SHOULD be like that, but you can’t have both. Amazing, unpeelable damage just makes for really bad play and I think that is a big reason so many people have an issue with it. There isn’t much to counter it.

3 Likes

The way I see it, the reason why Blizzard made titles/achievements/etc. obtainable in 2s is a means to increase PvP’s overall representation. It’s easier to find one partner vs finding two partners, on top of the fact there are many players who would never be able to obtain these rewards otherwise. However, players shouldn’t expect time and resources to be invested into a bracket that could never be balanced, let alone potentially impacting other aspects of the game.

I would argue that at the moment, Fury is balanced around that very design. There are healers who can simply kite/cc Fury easily, and there are healers who can simply tank their damage. With that being said, Fury really doesn’t have much else going for it, it lacks CC, and it doesn’t deal insane amounts of damage, but what it does have is high up-time to compensate.

By the way, I would argue the same thing for Survival Hunters and Assassin Rogues. They might be easier to peel, but they more than make-up for it with the damage and cc that they bring. There is the reason why both of those specs have a slightly higher representation than Fury. So, going back to what I was saying before. Will you also nerf Survival Hunters and Assassin Rogues as well? Or are you just being biased?

1 Like

for sure. I’m glad they made them a bit more relevant. There will always be specs and classes that will do well in 2s over 3s and that gives them a place in arena in some sense.

Well, that’s the issue. It was the same with BM. All they brought was damage and not much else. When their damage was bad, they had nothing to fall back on. Fury has almost always been in that boat. If their damage was bad, they didn’t offer anything else. It’s a really bad place to be in. While rogues are good almost regardless of damage, simply because of their utility and control.

That’s why fury is so frustrating right now though. Just running at a healer and doing mindless damage is extremely unenjoyable. When i’m up against them on my disc, they just train me the entire game and I go oom in a few minutes, even with peels. There is no counter play in it. It’s hard to punish them. I can do so many things right and just still fail to some braindead PVE damage.

I don’t see nearly as many hunters and rogues now. My hunter was 2150-2200 for most of the season, but lately I have been cue’ing into fury/mw non stop. Trying to pug a healer versus fury/mw is tough. Between fury and WOTC damage from the monk, it just makes really lop sided games.

Most of the rating I get is from facing other hunters and rogues. Those are the teams I can farm. Meanwhile fury just runs my healer down until they are oom. meh.

1 Like

2s balance has never mattered and never will.

2 Likes

Let me borrow a quote from you:

Don’t qq when your spec inevitably gets nerfed!

2 Likes

I see very little that actually use it.

Arms has about the same. Dbts only works in a frontal cone and defensive stance isnt amazing. Then subtract any self healing at all. Neither of the warr dps specs offer much in terms of utility.

Well not sure anyone really takes these in arena but arms do have access to abilities like duel and war banner for utility and to assist teammates that fury doesnt have.

I’m not sure how this forums cried for a month about BM hunters but don’t see the same stupid behavior in a Fury Warrior.

3 Likes

Only ones I see qqing is the ones asking for nerfs. If fury gets nerfed I will just go arms! What point are you even trying to make here? I can adapt just fine and have gone through worse warrior patches.

Their damage is fine, it’s Thrist for Battle trait that needs some sort of downside. Other than that no need to nerf fury.

2 Likes

The downside is that you don’t get to take other perks. Its also requires a melee range target to activate, but people refuse to play around that fact. Pvp perks don’t generally have downsides at all, deathwish, but what else?

1 Like

No point in talking about it with you, you refuse to listen because you believe it is balanced. You don’t try to see the other side of the trait just the side that benefits you. No class should have a snare removal baked into their DPS rotation, it’s ridiculous there is no outplay mechanic involved at all.

3 Likes

The point i’m making is simple- BM =Fury warrior. Arms at least is capable of being peeled and snared. Dare i say a little more thoughtful on the approach. Having non stop uptime and a pve rotation like they do is reminiscent of BM when they didn’t require LoS.

Also, tons of PVP talents have downsides. For mages, Spellsteal perk adds a 30sec cooldown, Frozen Orb no longer moves, Ignite ticks faster but doesn’t spread… almost a 3rd of them have some type of drawback.

3 Likes