Fury Warrior Class Set Tuning – March 8

I think revert the 4p nerf and change glory to 25 rage and you will be in a fine position. Necro fury will be very ST niche, other warrior covs will still be good and warrior DPS will be with everyone else.

2 Likes

The 4p nerf is warranted, as the tier bonus in conjunction with Hack & Slash is overly strong (still one of the more powerful bonuses even post nerf, but not egregiously so). The Glory nerf just causes the entire feedback loop to fall apart.

1 Like

This situation is similar to the venthyr legendary back on 9.1, you got a build that relied heavily in uptime, nerf it before it’s available because of some sims, and even after the nerf got reverted, it still didn’t get played because it was outperformed by arms…
You should at least revert de Glory nerf and let it play out to see if outside the Sims, the picture is the same.

5 Likes

everyone knew tier was going to get nerfed. just makes it a bummer that they also nerfed glory bc now it just kills a brand new build that would have been extremely fun considering we havent been able to play necro the whole expansion due to it underperforming. if the intention was to nerf necro fury they could have just nerfed the glory lego and kept the tier the same but instead we got a nerf to every cov through the tier nerf plus having a brand new and fun build just absolutely gutted. hopefully they consider reverting the glory nerfs so that we can keep the new playstyle in tact for the last tier

2 Likes

agree, nerfing a fun playstyle based on unrealistic sims is such a pity. was really looking forward to playing necrolord for once this xpac considering every class plays kyrian/NF

2 Likes

I wanted to play necrolord since day 1 I thought the banner was pretty damn cool.

We all knew the tier set might need to come down but encro fury was not going to play as strong as it Sims… remember venthyr fury in sod yeahbit sucked Sims are traps.

Revert the glory nerf why can’t necro be comparable to the other builds

Also rip our I really hope you guys change how warrior works in 10.0

#revertglory

2 Likes

It doesn’t happen often to see a warrior post this active on the forum. I reckon it all from the skyhold community.

2 Likes

Disapointing,

2 Likes

Y’all killed a whole new build over some preliminary best case scenario sims that 99% of the player base won’t even get to experience for another few weeks cause tier drops are abysmal and double legendaries are locked behind the campaign. Please consider reverting the Glory nerf, or buffing venthyr to be vaguely playable if you REALLY don’t want us to play necro. It sucks playing basically the same covenant in all content for an entire expansion.

6 Likes

revert the 4 set change and i can live with that

1 Like

Necro Fury

22.02.22 - 08.03.22

You had so much to give, but your time was cut short. You will be remembered, for what could have been, and missed because of what is left.

A beacon of change snuffed before it could really shine.

You will be missed. F.

5 Likes

I understand the nerf of warrior tier set bouns, but nerf of necro legendary is really not making any sense since the necro build require 100% active time on a fight for a Melee role which works similar to frost mage but in a much harder way to achieve . In a real situation it is neally impossible to see a fight which DPS can do damage all the time. moreover, necro build is only strong in single target situation. This change again will bring necro build perform weak in both single and multiple target fight among four warrior convenant.

well that makes me less excited for necro fury pvp later down the line.

I’m not sure why blizzard is so quick to shutdown necro. Necro would have fit fury so well, pump and dump, maximize uptime. This is the fury playstyle.
There is numerous other options to weaken this cov without driving it into the ground and making it dead on arrival.
Finally an option to have a different cov with single target strengths and its destroyed before anyone gets a feel for it.
Necro has gone unplayed and will remain unplayed, what a waste… guess my warrior will pledge with the farries and butterflies

1 Like

i was really looking forward to playing necro fury. and now fury will go from 17k dps simmed to 14k/15k DPS and that’s depressing.

1 Like

I second this emotion! Understandable if Necrolord is not above Fae and Kyrian considering the group buff. But it would be so great if Necrolord was more viable. Isn’t it the most “warrior” themed covenant of all?

1 Like

Weren’t all covenants supposed to be viable for all content? This just throws necrolord in the dumpster. It would have been nice to see it get some play this tier and move away from kyrian/nf.

1 Like

I was really looking forward to Fury having a viable, fun single target Covenant. Venthyr was hamstrung by the Legendary and Kyrian and Night Fae are more suited to AoE. I agree that the set bonus nerf is enough and to revert the Glory nerf.

2 Likes

Seems like a really heavy hand to necro Fury. Necro which has literally been a dead covenant for the entire expansion. You mine as well have listed alongside the changes " JUST DONT PLAY NECRO". Half the reason I returned to the game was too try out necro fury as it looked fun (something blizzard seems to be strongly against). Reminds me very much of the sinful surge legendary in SoD that looked promising on paper but turned out to be trash and nerfed to obscurity. I don’t know why you guys still think Patchwerk fights exist as uhh you guys design the fights but they don’t and haven’t for awhile now. All these builds are good in a vacuum where 100% uptime exists, that is never the case however in raiding. You cant nerf a spec that is centered around uptime to be average to sub-par when you have uptime. Ill never understand why you put work behind something that looks new and fun to play, baiting the player base, then just take a sledgehammer to it, so no one touches it. I guess its another tier of night fae arms so fun and innovative. God forbid we mix it up slightly.

2 Likes

Sinful surge wasn’t even nerfed, they reverted it. Even if they revert the Glory nerf, necro will likely end up suboptimal, just like venthyr fury in 9.1. With the nerf though, the covenant just doesn’t exist.