Fury Warrior Class Set Tuning – March 8

Archi nailed it. The nerf to the tier set was just fine, but the Necro nerf needs to be reverted ASAP.

4 Likes

I’ve been playing this game since vanilla, warrior specifically since Wrath and this is my first post in nearly 17 years or roughly 6,300 days. The forum tool tip panel for a first time poster states: 1. Be kind to your fellow community members - n/a, my reply is for the blizzard community manager, QA and developers. 2. Does your reply improve the conversation - I hope so, this pending change will have a massive negative impact on fury. 3. Constructive criticism is welcome, but criticize ideas, not people - nothing more to expand upon Archi’s thorough explanation however, how can blizzard justify this knee jerk reaction when you had access to the PTR data and user feedback for 90 days? A near 20% nerf after four days is completely unreasonable and unacceptable. I feel like I wasted my time this week with the new rep farm and even heroic raiding as fury will be garbage tier. These large radical changes will be the end of wow for some warriors, myself included. It is clear that “fun” is not allowed. Blizzard should seriously consider Archi’s input and get fury back to a somewhat playable level.

7 Likes

Seriously, I was looking forward to playing a different Covenant. Not only did banner look fun to play, but the “buffing the raid” part of banner was a playstyle I enjoyed as well. Give us back banner!!

2 Likes

Spend months of mastering the spec and grinding renown just for blizz to implement what will amount to a ~15% nerf from where necro fury was projecting less than 5 days before mythic raiding starts. If you are wondering why people leave the game, stuff like this is why.

7 Likes

This really sucks, like it actually makes me want to quit the game. Im playing warrior for this xpac and ive been looking forward to playing a new covenant. you’ve nerfed it into the ground. my day is worse now.

1 Like

Necrolord gets to finish the expansion how it started: Never played.

6 Likes

You can nerf the tier set itself, fine. But nerfing Necro to the point where it is a 2K DPS loss and once again by far the worst covenant choice for raiding is just a great decision imo, nerfing seems like an overreaction and an overcorrection considering double leggo is still weeks away and the vast majority won’t have a 4P for another few weeks. Please rethink this.

2 Likes

I don’t see how people think nerfing set to be complete trash for Kyrian/NF is fine but not the one that was actually OP simply cause they’re bored and wanna try a new covenant.

Revert nerf to the set, reduce nerf to the necro to 25 and everyone will be happy.

3 Likes

Its a shame really - we had somethign really fun and i feel vibrant. I feel like this was honestly something alot of warrior mains were looking forward to - something to look forward to in a long time only for it to be completly gutted. Please revert the change. The DPS loss is far to significant.

2 Likes

@Blizz please listen to Archi, and do not force a direction directly by making it arms or bust until max gear again; I enjoy arms for raid, a lot, and still think this is overkill.

Necrolord has only been useful for PVP since it’s inception, it finally was going to have a place in PVE and for some reason this was seen as a necessary nuke while allowing S tier, perma top ranked specs to continue on unnerfed at the top. Make WF only apply to closest 2, make banner only apply once per person, something of this sort if the entire concern is banner stacking fury warriors with an enh shaman, which appears to be the entire basis.

3 Likes

This was a good change and I’m happy that necrolord is now only for providing for the group rather than being overpowered.

The warrior’s job is to provide the death knight with mastery and I thoroughly support this change.

2 Likes

I am very glad that my warrior players get a choice between supporting their friends or being selfish and only caring about their own dps, now I will know which warriors I want in my group.

Very well done change blizzard support covenants should not be giving you as much dps as player power only covenants.

2 Likes

Blizz please revert the Glory portion of the nerf. It’s clear that a nerf was necessary to the tier set and further nerfs may prove to be necessary (like not allowing banners to stack). But sims do not reflect the true nature of Fury damage due to the inability to simulate downtime, which can result in a heavy DPS loss in the NecroFury build. If the philosophy behind covenants was having choice, why nerf Necrolord to the point of inviability?

3 Likes

Very unfortunate, was going to come back to play Shadowlands so I could live the NecroFury dream but this completely guts the spec. Nerfing the OP tier set, sure. But nerfing Glory before anyone actually gets to see it in practice is a big mistake.

2 Likes

Oh, you can sim downtime, it just introduces a TON of new variables which aren’t equally comparable across different classes/specs. That makes it a rather ineffective tool for assessing change, which is ultimately what sims are for more so than just pushing an ever increasing big number.

1 Like

As a fury warrior since the beginning, the way necro was playing out this tier made me excited to play fury for the first time in multiple expansions. I absolutely dislike the monotonous nature of arms, so fury being viable, and even A tier, made me actually resub this tier after stopping in October.

Please reconsider these nerfs and let the synergy of necro fury be a reality, so we can all play the covenant that warrior should have been playing all along! We’re tired of venthyr and Kyrian!

1 Like

This was a complete miss by your design team. Rethink your decision

1 Like

Do you want more boomkins? This is how you get more boomkins.

Revert this change, it is awful and unwarranted, especially the Necrolord nerf.

1 Like

Did it even really last though? I don’t even have a single piece of tier nevermind 4 lol

1 Like

Here I was thinking that I was going to be a valuable and contributing member of my guild’s DPS group, but then I get blindsided by such nerfs. Perhaps it’s due time that necrolord warriors actually get to shine, its the most on-theme covenant for warriors, but not once has it been a first choice.

Nerf the other stuff, that’s fine, but don’t punch necrolord down more.

3 Likes