Fury vs Arms m+

Pretty casual player. Some organized play, pug the rest.

Is there a clear winner between the two specs for m+ or is it beneficial to maintain both? I enjoy both so fun is less of a deciding factor than performance.

I’m debating the same question. I have been mostly playing Fury but recently switched to Arms and honestly I just find the range of abilities Fury has more interesting and fun. Also, I could be wrong but I think when I am able to upgrade both my 2H weapons they have to better than just one 2H weapon.

I dont play dps warr, but there is a clear difference between arms and fury warriors that I’ve played with. Arms consistently ends the run at a higher overall dps by a substantial margin on a regular basis - enough to where unless the warr is a friend, I’m probably not going to invite a fury warr over an arms warr unless it’s just a casual key.

My personal perception is that a lot of fury warrs still tend to be NF, while the <1min Bastion ability and leggo works better with Arms.

When I’m on my bear or prot warr I can keep mobs in the NF shockwave for the duration of it, so it’s not just that those particular warriors are losing damage to kiting. I just think Arms performs better currently in m+ content.

1 Like

It depends on how high of keys you want to run and if its pugs or team. But since you mentioned casual.

Either will work. But the ideal is NF Fury for Fort and Arms for Tyr, when 9.1.5 comes you will be able to have the best of both worlds NF Fury and Kyr Arms.

Arms have better ST, Fury has better AOE, Im around 249ilvl and my Fury DPS is around 2k over my Arms dps, however Tyranical its much harder to push bigger keys.

My advice, choose if you like NF or Kyrian then follow with the correct Spec, or choose which ever you like as well we can change soonish

Fury is better for high keys. More stable damage, and much sturdier spec.

People will usually cite the Challenging Shout + Die by the Sword combo for Arms, but… you can just bring a boomkin. In my +20 runs, I never need priority healing as Fury on dangerous bosses like Grand Proctor Beryllia in Sanguine Depths. There’s just so much more it can self-heal and mitigate compared to Arms.

Arms is devastating on two-target cleave, and powerful burst AoE in its own right (since it’ll automatically be NF or Kyrian, whereas Fury can be any of the three covenants to great effect).

I’d say Fury is the more effective spec unless you really need a better static ST or burst setup. Otherwise, it’s just better in more M+ categories in my eyes. Both specs are viable for pushing with, though.

4 Likes

I am generally pushing 8.5-9.5k dps as 239 arms in keys, are you averaginver over 12k?

Ive played both in M+ as a Kyrian with the new legendary. I’ve def leaned more toward Fury. I can burst up to 50k dps with all CDs and consistently do 20k with just spear. Fury slaps

Arms excels in AOE’s for trash in between Bosses. I can’t say that either would out DPS each other on a single target. What I will say is that Fury has a lot more opportunities to press an ouchie button on a boss while Arms can hit harder with a 2 hander.

I recently upgraded my 2H weapons for PvP and I’m consistently top 1 or 2 on DPS in BGs now as Fury. I concluding that two 2H weapons are better than 1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is actual gibberish, and there is a clear benefit to arms for single target/tyrannical over fury. It’s also arguably worse for the trash between bosses compared to fury, but the delta isn’t as large.

I’m not even sure what you mean by ouchie button, unless it’s your way of discussing survivability.

1 Like

I mean he/she did post in their warrior, which is 216 ilvl and highest key was a 5. I generally check the players experience first lol

1 Like

I enjoy fury, i get my butt kicked on single target damage but make up for it on aoe trash pulls.

Fury. Arms is tougher to min max in a casual setting. Fury will be more consistent and safer (more hp, enraged regen) on a casual level.

1 Like

I love arms but i find fury is more solo friendly. Arms still has that “im pvp spec” feel to it.

Edit (day later): im vynther cov and swapped soulbind to the stone born general, his soulbind tree has more in the way of keeping you alive in combat which helps arms a bit, ultimately im finding arms doing better dps wise than fury for me, fury is still very bursty i find and there are just times where nothing procs and im forced to spam whirlwind.

Imho it’s very good to maintain both. My warr is kyrian prot/arms mostly, the spear of bastion+elysian might + pop everything wombo combo is ridiculously good on hard trash packs.

Fury is also a good spec, very fun and competitive.
Use both and have fun with whatever warrior mood you’re in tbh

I would’ve said Fury a few weeks ago for the consistency, but I switched to Arms a) to try it out again, and b) since my OH weapon was really weak compared to MH, and have been doing better overall as Arms than I was as Fury. Both specs as Venthyr, with the Signet leggo