Furor: Lowkey OP and Annoying playstyle?

I feel like nobody wants to spoil the party, but Furor plus Arcane Pulsar is going to be broken OP in DF. We may as well get the nerf out of the way now, right? It would be a really annoying way to play the class anyway.

If I’m playing a cat I want to see myself as a cat doing damage. Stepping out of cat form is fine every once and a while to help top of my buddies. I however do not want to see the DF furor build be meta in any regard. I’ll just spec into balance if I want to turn into a spectral (race here) or a fat owl.

4 Likes

I’m 99% sure Furor won’t even survive the next iteration of the class tree. It’s a bad talent other than a very niche scenario for 1 spec.

1 Like

It’s definitely underwhelming for other specs (except maybe resto for M+ DPS?)

But for balance I think it would give you like 80% uptime on Celestial Alignment

Nope resto has a cooldown on starsurge so it’s pretty useless and a few free swipes is negligible.

Furor basically makes bear form immediately usable for feral as a defensive CD and that’s about it.

furor is one of my favorite talents on the tree. I love druid for the forms and i like switching in and out of them. Staying in one form kind of defeats the purpose of having all these cool forms and is boring. Might as well play a rogue if you want to stay in cat form 24/7

Except what do you do when your role forces you to remain in form like Guardian. Talents like HotW and Furor are effectively useless unless you’re outside of combat or if you’re not actively tanking something, which is my massive beef with both of them.

I actually wish they buffed HotW a lot, so that inside that 5min CD you could do much bigger damage. And I also wish they added in Oath of the Elder Druid somewhere. I’d never have used it as a legendary, but always thought it had huge potential and could see it opening up a new shifting playstyle.

I’d actually love if they removed HotW as a huge 5min CD and just kept OotED instead.

Why wouldnt bear druids just get a talent that keep bear passive defensive up 6 seconds after swapping out. So it gives you enough time to swap out and rebirth or something.

I mean in my opinion the bear tree is one of the most boring uninspired trees in the game. When i think of druid i dont think of bear mostly because its the most lackluster spec in the game.

It’s also the least-iterated spec in the game.

For Feral I highly doubt Furor will be meta, let alone chosen in the first place. Too many points needs to be used to consider owlweaving.

It will be very useful in PVP for immediately activating bear abilities. Unless I have missed it, without furor when you shift into bear form you’ll have to wait for rage. With furor you can activate iron fur and Regen.

But aside from that I don’t think furor is very useful.

1 Like

I believe you get 10 rage from a passive but I definately see where you’re coming from. Defensive capabilities will be pretty busted.

You can already use frenzied regen when you shift into bear from the default rage and ironfur doesnt stack for anyone other then guardian. Nobody is going to take a talent for 1 free iron fur every 15 seconds.

1 Like

Honestly i would love it if you could build up a stack in cat then swap into bear to deliver some large blows then swap back out. Back in the day when bear and feral shared the same tree i would always sqap back and forth. I always found it weird as a dps melee druid you never use bear form

I doubt so as well. It just seems like a wasted talent outside of very niche PVE scenarios for all specs. But I can see why it would be valued in PVP. Maybe the placement at the bottom of the tree is just a bad spot for it?? Maybe move it to the center of the tree around t2 so it’s open for all specs without branching too far over into one side versus the other.

I can’t see any reason not to take innervate from a PVE standpoint, let alone the return of nature’s vigil. Heart seems like it will remain the same in terms of its value for all specs and types of combat, which I’m kind of “…eh” About? I remember back during SOO when I was raiding as a feral I could pop HOTW and throw an emergency tranquility to save the healers and possibly the raid. I miss it, but at the same time I understand why that level of strength in an ability combo had to be significantly nerfed.

1 Like