Fun guild looking for inexperienced/experienced players who want to have fun but clear content

Hey everyone I hope posts like this are allowed.

My friend and gaming buddy asked me to post about our guild for when classic launches. This is the message he has left that explains about what we are about. If you’re interested, post here or message me in game on Cereal-Proudmoore or add me on battle net at Juices#11456. I can’t wait!

"My name is Meak. I was in a top raiding guild in vanilla, got bored of the grind, took over a spam guild on a different server, and pushed it to the 2nd best guild on the (low pop, low competition) server. We didn’t get twin emps or cthun, and we only killed two bosses in Naxx. But it was insane fun and this time everything is going down!

If you want to have fun in vanilla and have a secure drama free home, come and join. Here’s the catch though, I don’t care how good you are. I don’t care if you played pservers. I don’t care what your history is. I don’t care if you played vanilla or not, if you suck with your class, or if you play with your feet because you don’t have hands.

Myself and my friends enjoy helping new players. There’s no true elitism in the guild, and we get things done. I keep things democratic and push people to improve, but I never freak out at mistakes and I never expect you to do something you can’t.

This will be a guild comprised of all the friends I’ve made playing games over the past 15 years from different guilds and communities. I’m wrangling everybody together, so the atmosphere is going to be new for many people. You’re not uncomfortably joining an established guild, you’re joining a cluster of friends from different games and guilds, many of which don’t know each other, or only know each other through me. I’m already at 50 or so in the discord with more to come. Probably going to start vanilla with around 200 people, and do mass recruiting then. Lots of people will probably drop off in the first month.

Tons of leadership roles are open. Class roles are open. Admin roles are open.

West coast, horde, PVP, 2-3 nights a week, sometime between 7-12 PST(3 hours only, probably).

I’m in my 30s and I know the work/wife/gf/kids/band/other hobbies lifestyle. This is a slightly relaxed group of people that want to have fun, do it right, but not expected to know everything and be a god. I’ll make you a better player, if that’s what you’re looking for.

This guild is also focusing on 100% completion in a timely manner.

I don’t care how old you are, just don’t be a man baby and don’t send me videos of your fortnite dances. Be nice to people, try to learn your class, and have fun. This is a no drama place. I squash that stuff instantly.

Lastly, when it comes to servers, we’re going to try to dodge the big streamers to the best of our ability. I have no interest in playing on a server dominated by sodapoppins fanboys. Love soda, kudos to his success, don’t want to play on his server though. I want to have an as natural as possible experience, and dodging the big streamers will probably fit that style.

If this sounds like something you’re interested in, DM me and I’ll send you a discord invite! I know we are months away from launch, but people are going to start looking for a home soon, and I want to offer them one!

Thanks for reading

Good luck out there brothers and sisters!"

TLDR;

• Faction: Horde
  • Server Type: PVP
  • Loot System: Undecided
  • Time Zone: PST
  • Raid Days: Most likely Tuesday Thursday
3 Likes

Quality advert. This is the kind of guild that I can get behind. Forget the “we’ll clear MC in a week or two by torturing our player base types”
:stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

You had me until horde and pacific time. Even so, I’ll be searching for a guild like yours come Classic.

2 Likes

I’ll join your guild, definitely the type of guild I’m looking for. Do you know what the guild name will be?

I don’t seem to see anyone from Eastern Standard time.

All the EST you want.

Nice advert, and I like your philosphy. My only note would be to make bullet points

• Faction
  • Server Type
  • Loot System
  • Time Zone
  • Raid Days

It’s nice to be able to skim and see if a guild works for you on a technical level before reading in depth and seeing if it works for you on a philosophical level.

3 Likes

I’ve been reading this forum for months and seen several recruiting posts. This is by far the best. A guild is only as good as its leadership and Meak, you seem like the kind of leader I can get behind and I would like to make this guild my home away from home. Vanilla was the greatest video game I’ve ever played (and I’ve played a lot of them) because of the community aspect and this guild seems to get that better than any other and sounds like the perfect fit for me. I just resubbed to check out retail before classic hits and I’m just as disappointed with it as I suspected I would be so before I cancel my sub again I’ll look for Cereal in game to get added to your list of interested players. Thank you for reigniting my hype!

Good write-up, it meshes with my own expectations quite a bit. First credible advert I really noticed. Will keep an eye on you guys and wish you the best at the same time.

You guys are responding to a thread that is at the moment dead. This hasn’t been answered for almost 2 months.

I noticed that, but still worth responding to give other people a chance to see what a quality recruiting post sounds like and because maybe they didn’t respond before because they didn’t have any takers and there wasn’t really anything to respond to. I would rather take the chance that they check it every now and then than to not try at all.

Don’t send me videos of your fortnite dances. lol.

Wow I was super busy over the Holidays and didn’t check in on this post… I am sorry friends! We are still recruiting to the discord and I would love to talk to anyone who is interested!