Full T2 in BG's? What's the point?

I just don’t understand why people show up in full raid gear? You have the gear and you don’t even need the pvp stuff so why are you there?

EDIT:
As the thread gets longer I can understand why people don’t want to read all the posts so I’ll try and summarize my feelings about the topic here.

I believe casuals have a right to playing BG’s also but is mostly overshadowed by very geared people now. Having also a PVE T1 rogue I saw no point in taking him to rank 10 for gear I’m not going to use. So I made another 60 rogue to play PVP with in BG’s. As said, in this thread, a couple classes have BIS pieces in the PVP sets but the majority of classes there is no point of getting the PVP set when they already have T1/T2. I can understand people want to play PVP just for fun, like me. There is a point when it gets very unbalanced and it’s only going to get worse with AQ and Naxx. Back in Vanilla it was a very small population that did these raids and completed them. Now everything is known and many people will be very geared. This leaves an even greater discrepancy than in Vanilla.

Casuals would like to play PVP also. Getting home from a long days work people just want to unwind and have a good time in WoW BG’s but that is not possible for casuals now. It shows in the Horde queue times. A lot of people were very serious, this time around, about their goals in WoW Classic. Many of the people went hardcore into PVP on Horde. This decimated the Alliance on many servers to where Alliance no longer wanted to play. I know it’s PVP and they should know what they are signing up for but people don’t, they are casual. It shows in the battlegrounds too. Most of the Alliance is casual and no longer want to PVP in their greens and blues. I have couple greens and many blues on my PVP rogue. Do manage to get a few kills but a majority of the time I have top deaths. Going after healers and low level health targets behind enemy lines is a tough life. It’s certain death after appearing and most the time I do not kill my target. Horde are very quick on healing , stunning, fearing, getting away, frost nova, rooting, etc. when they see me. Also, the top death thing, I feel, shows participation. I think that a lot of Alliance are afraid of dying. They back away from a fight instead of going forward and Horde capitalize on this almost always. Distracting healers or killing them is very important to a fight. Sapping them so they can’t drink is also very good. In Alterac Valley I believe the unbalance shows the most. In Arathi Basin and Warsong Gulch I have noticed Alliance are much more serious or more geared than in Alterac Valley. I’ve actually gotten many wins in AB and WSG. Not that I was the best player in there though. Again I got a lot of deaths and not so many kills but I feel I can help with the goal of the game. It seems strategy plays a more important part than actual kills.

In summary I believe casuals have the right to play BG’s on their level for fun or for gear. I really don’t know how this can be remedied but there has to be some way for everyone.

The Great Wall has been built.

EDIT:
I do have a 60 Horde Druid also but was crushed when I found out the queues were so long. Wanted to get some PVP gear on a druid but just lost interest after that.

EDIT:
Here is some casual info I displayed later in the thread.

This is from the World of Warcraft Original Vanilla Box.

III. Engage
Whether you’re a novice or a veteran, a world of bold adventures and mighty deeds awaits. Even if you only have a few minutes to play, Blizzards superior quest system ensures an adventure is always waiting.

I believe this was before battlegrounds was released. The vanilla box was never changed to reflect changes other than the sticker that said “Over 5 Million Online.” So the launch box I have is the same as the one I have 2 years after.

This is what the Burning Crusade Blizzard Product Catalog says about World of Warcraft Vanilla.

Engage an Ever-Changing World
Blizzard’s dedicated live team creates a constant stream of new adventures to undertake, lands to explore and monsters to vanquish. The epic quest never ends.

Accelerate The Adventure
Whether you have half an hour or all night , a world of bold adventure and mighty deeds awaits. Private dungeons, seamless graphics and Blizzard’s superior quest system are just few of the innovations that eliminate waiting and accelerate the fun.

They obviously weren’t talking about Classic Horde queues in that “innovations that eliminate waiting and accelerate the fun.”

for fun? I join random BGs even though there isn’t a dang thing I want, to play around and not feel like i’m just the bad guy ganking people who just want to farm.

18 Likes

I literally only even have the pve gear, because I want to pvp with it.

A better question is why in the actual hell would you purposely spend vastly more time and effort chasing pvp gear that’s already in many cases inferior to pve gear?

35 Likes

For the act of…PvP’ing? Not everything is or should be done for the pixel rewards at the end. Some times, the act if simply playing the game is the reward for people.

18 Likes

Wait, so should people that acquire full PvP sets just stop PvPing in BGs? I thought the point of PvP was to have fun, not focus entirely on getting gear.

9 Likes

Hear me out.

Some people go into battle grounds. . . to have. . . wait for it. . .battles! Regardless of the gear they hold.

Wow. . . that was hard to comprehend.

11 Likes

I don’t think you guys understand. Horde have like a 99% win rate in AV. They show up in Full Raid Gear. I see them popping pots like crazy. What’s so fun about absolutely crushing the alliance in 30 minutes each game?

4 Likes

If it takes them 30 minutes to win. By very definition, they crushed nothing.

3 Likes

Uhm, that’s the time to complete every objective in AV. Now I have to ask you also what is so fun about waiting 2 hours to do this?

1 Like

I’m alliance. I don’t speak for the zugs zugs.

To DESTROY their competition as validation for their efforts.

3 Likes

The PvP gear is better.

Oh and they do destroy. Getting one shot by Elemental Shamans and Gibbed by Warriors.

This is just how Vanilla/Classic PvP is. Its all gear based…and it sillier into AQ/Naxx when damage ramps up but health pools stay relatively the same. People in non-raid gear will get literally 1 shot.

1 Like

This is an unrelated matter, actually.

You sure? I mean more alliance would actually play if they had a chance. Heard alliance actually won some in the first weeks of bg’s. Now that the casuals got 60 all that is left for them in bg’s is raid geared horde. In AV literally 20 horde hold the entire alliance team at SHGY. I know some alliance are afk leeching but I’ve seen some horde afking behind the front lines too.

Alliance having more of a chance has nothing to do with Horde gear. Plenty of Alliance are geared, too. AV 's problems are unrelated to gear.

2 Likes

Ok, unrelated how? You keep saying that but don’t actually explain it.

Because it’s been explained in excruciating detail on these forums in a variety of threads for the past six months.
Sorry, I’m definitely not going to go back into that foxhole of insanity again. You’ll have to do your own research.

4 Likes

This biggest nugget of advice I can give is to never do anything explicitly FOR the gear…especially if you’re not having fun along the way. Instead, find things you enjoy for their own sake and let the rewards be a bonus on top of that.

1 Like