Frozen Account

Right now I have a “starter acc,” if I sub and then let it laps, what can I do with a frozen acc? Like can I sub, grind a few level for a month and then go back to “starter acc” privileges?

To be clear, Starter accounts and Frozen accounts are two separate things.

A frozen account would essentially mean you got a temporary or permanent ban, so in that case, you wouldn’t be able to do anything on it.

A starter account is basically wow’s “free to play” version up to level 20, with other account restrictions. (Linked below)

Yes! You can add game time or a subscription at any time, and remove it at any time with no detriment to your account. At the end of your 30 days of paid game time, the account will simply revert back to Starter Account status.

Note that when you’re adding game time, the account will be upgraded from Starter status immediately, meaning that you should instantly have access to characters over level 20, and be able to level above that mark. But it can take a day or two for some of the restrictions to be lifted as the transaction processes.

1 Like

Once your account time wears off, you will go back to all starter account restrictions, with the exception that you can join guilds your other chracters are in. So, any character you have that’s leveled past 20 will be locked and unable to be played until you add game time again.

You also won’t be able to access mail on any of your characters, and you won’t be able to earn any new gold past the starter edition cap. (You won’t lose any gold on additional character, but can’t get any more on them.)

They used to list accounts whose time had lapsed as “Frozen” in the account management screen, so that’s probably where the OP got that from. Now they are listed as “Inactive.”

1 Like

Ah, good to know, thanks!

1 Like

A couple of additional differences between starter accounts and accounts who have had paid time expire:

Starter accounts will “bank” up to 10 levels of XP once the character reaches level 20. Upon paying for time on a starter account, the banked xp is immediately applied.
Level 20 characters on an account with expired paid time do not bank xp.

Starter accounts are limited to 10g on each character. For accounts with expired aid time, each character can carry and spend as much gold as they had on them when the paid time expired but will not earn more gold if the amount they currently have is more than 10g.

Time expired accounts can have a profession on a level 20 character at a higher skill level than the 100 skill starter account limit. I think, but don’t know, that they cannot make items that require more than 100 skill level to create.

1 Like

Thanks, Udiza that is very helpful!

Thanks, good stuff!