Frostwhelp Indignation

So is anyone else disappointed with this ability? The damage from the whelps is pretty lack luster. I was hoping they would do breath of sindragosa instead is just a weak version of frostwyrm’s fury. Then to top it all over, it doesn’t work in pvp. It misses all the targets, but register hits with the mastery proc.

1 Like

Yes, it’s sh!t. They took a top performing Az trait and replaced it with a sh!t one.

1 Like

Yep it’s pretty garbage sorry to say. However, I am not surprised they didn’t really test it out before they threw it out there. Maybe for enormous add groups followed by breath/sindy but that is the only time it would be beneficial that I can see.

I’ve also noticed this but does the trait cap out at 5 targets and not hit any more? Cause I’ve noticed a couple times that I’ve had way more then 5 targets, I get the 5 buff, but only hit 5 targets vs 5+ like there was

I was just talking about this trait to a friend of mine. Frost got the shaft with the rework. The best single target trait reworked into a middle of the pack aoe trait? It’s a pretty bad trade off and was basically a removal while pretending it gets something to replace it. But that something isn’t useful since there’s just better options.

I can’t honestly see this being useful in any situation. It wouldn’t be terrible if it had versatility going for it like Tradewinds. But it’s middle of the pack aoe and complete trash on single target.

It has a neat concept, but neat concept isn’t enough if the trait is trash. Especially not at the cost of our best single target trait.

For all those bummed about the removal of a good pve trait for a mediocre one.

For us PvPers it was the opposite, they removed a mediocre trait (the RNG is unbearable in pvp) for one that is legitimately useful and opens up new builds.

I’m VERY happy with the trait change, but I’m not a PvEer. So it’s all a matter of perspective I guess, huh?

2 Likes

From a fantasy perspective at least I love the idea of the new trait.

This trait has insane potential and is very interesting because of how well it synergizes with the talent icecap (more uses out of the trait). They just need to ensure its reliable and sufficiently strong to warrant icecap

Don’t you see a major issue with an azerite trait being required for viability of a level 100 talent? Herein lies the problem with Azerite gear.

Imo Icecap should not exist in the level 100 row.

2 Likes

Plain and simple feedback…IT SUCKS!!!

works alright with Ice cap but BoS works better in M+ and Raids so really no point.

They forgot that the legendary bracers is what made Pillar and by extension a Ice Cap talent good.

and honestly Pillar needs to go back to a 1 minute CD with 20 second duration, it serves no purpose at 45 as you hold it that 15 seconds for trinkets and 1 minute later for BoS.