Frostmourne horde pop

Hey, thinking of coming back and switching to Oceanic server for better latency (120ms vs 200 on US servers)

I have a 93 horde shaman from years ago but I see horde pop on Frostmourne is 1000+ vs alliance over 10k.

I know BGs and dungeons integrate players from other servers, what about AH?

I’m still on ‘starter version, limited to lvl 20’, but it seems Stormwind is really busy on my alliance char, how bad is it on horde side?

what’s stopping you from creating a horde on frostmourne and seeing for yourself? or are there limitations with starter ed.?

I have seen a total of 3 max level horde characters in open world in the past year that are from Frostmourne

Its an alliance dominated server

2 Likes

Thanks. I just did, lvl 11 mage, zero people in Undercity, searched Org and there were about 10 people…

Don’t do it man. Play on a server that will be populated for the long term. Roll Alliance or find a horde server unfortunately

is there a horde dominant server on OCE?

Barthilus is the server you are looking for

2 Likes

Frost for ally, Barth for horde.

Cross realm sharding for open world content at max level is heavily in favour of the alliance. they get the constant WM buff because MURICA, and still outnumber the horde 10:1

AH is easily compared with a couple of level 1 alts. Just get to a major city and run some searches. How many people you see in major cities are irrelevant come level cap. Groups are formed from guilds or LFG tools.

Keep in mind that the game is spawning very few instances on Australian infrastructure, so you are likely going to be put on US servers with escalating ping. It’s worse than the old days, at least the ping was high but stable.

4 Likes

Thanks!
I started Alliance on Frost, left my horde char at 93 on Frost.
The thing about instances and escalating ping I did not know.

My warrior is currently 102 so guess I will see.

PVE-wise you won’t notice, it’s fine . In open world PVP you’ll get squashed as Horde 99% of the time 20v3