Frost Mage still lacking

Frost is by far my favorite spec, followed by Arcane. Fire is my least favorite spec to play. I don’t even care if Fire is and remains the dominant spec but the DPS spread between the specs needs to be tightened up. Arcane is really falling behind.

No one likes feeling like they need to switch to a spec they don’t like playing to stay competitive with the people who prefer the spec that is performing better. Early on it looked as though Frost was going to be in a good place and since I love Frost that’s what I went with. That’s what I geared for. My time, my legendary gear, my Covenant.

I don’t know if it’s as simple as increasing Frostbolt damage or increasing the damage of Ice Lance or a flat out overall %buff I sincerely hope something is addressed.

TLDR: Buff Frost and Arcane to bring them more in line with Fire.

2 Likes

I think you’re wrong, frost is in a good spot right now. The logs are starting to show it. Frost is currently 9th overall dps spec in raids.

At 199 ilvl it might feel weak, depending on what your stat spread is.

2 Likes

It’s starting to pick up as I close in on 200ilvl.

But Frost is struggling in M+ (bottom portion of M+ logs). Fire is top there also.

1 Like

Most mages I know want to play frost.

Weird, since only 20% of parses in M+ and 7 % in raids are frost…

Hmmm. I think intention does not mean reality here…

Since when is spec representation an indication of intent?

As a frost main, I entirely agree with you. However, it does get better with gear. I am working really hard to stack crit and haste, and it’s starting to pay off. However it’s much harder for us than it is for fire mages who basically just wear whatever has more int and don’t even worry about secondary stats.

P.S. if you look at my character, please disregard the goofy legendary…for some reason wowarmory only displays the set that I was doing WQ in, which uses grisly icicle for quality-of-life reasons. Other people have commented on that, and it is NOT what I use for m+ or raiding lol