Frost Mage (PvP) Design

One word… Deep Freeze </3

Why Blizzard needs to bring back Deep Freeze to make frost great again

Most mages can agree frost hasnt been fun to play for a while in pvp.lets be honest. im not here to say mages are bad in any form but i just want to see the spec i love finally get looked at before upcoming patch.

Problems we would like to see looked at:

(Having No Stun): Every caster in Shadowlands currently has multiple utility including stuns: “Lightening Lasso, Cap totem, Hex, Shear for shaman. “Root beam, Cyclone, bash, disorient” for Moonkin. “Psychic horror, Fear, Silence” for Shadow priest. “Fear, Howl of Terror, Shadowfury, cs” for Warlock” ect. Frost being the only mage spec with access to deep freeze would please so many of us :’)

(Damage)- damage is subpar, only decent damage you get is from frozen orb/ice lance during it & you have to cast frostbolt which does very little damage just to get procs that do mediocre damage compared to if you were to play fire which is much stronger in every way.

(No Dragon’s Breath)- Fire has the luxury of having a disorient to Solo secure polymorphs without help of teammates, this alone makes it unique utility only available to fire mages & makes the spec fluid to play while frost has nothing but slows (which fire already has (Frostbolt & Mirror images) Deep Freeze would fix this!

(Design feels empty): Frost gameplay is to essentially tickle enemies & slow them, casting frostbolt enough to gather max Icicle: Mastery procs just to see an enemy’s health not move an inch when you finally use them makes me so sad playing the spec :frowning:

(Frost has no Solo 1v1 Capability): I know Arenas/Battlegrounds are a team based game but if you look at class design frost loses to every class (maybe except warrior) due to damage being very low & hybrids can live/outheal it in a 1v1 scenario, it seems that even players who are noticeably new can deal with a frost mage infinitely easier than fire, it doesnt feel right.

I dont know what else to say i typed this up on my break but I LOVE MAGE & i love world of warcraft please rework frost blizzard !! <3