Frost mage Beta impressions:

So when Frost was reworked…and some people (like me) liked the old gameplay, the rework+ the new-gameplay was vs my/our fun and took away our nice and smooth gameplay and so it was not in the class best interest? We got a overloaded ST gameplay and a very hecty aoe rota, where you have to be in melee range as a caster= worst way ever.

Because then we just got a boring+slow ability (glacial) and another old ability rof.

And now some people DONT want to play with the same (boring) talents (glacial+rof) for the 3. season in a row and thats against the class best interest? Sorry no. Youre just dellusional here.

GOOD for the class would have been=
With TWW Blizzard had THE chance of bringing some NEW gameplay spells/gameplay…but what are they doing? Just undust an old Shadowlands ability. Rly sad :confused:

Thinking bout the Jaina fight in BFA…the big frost-ray…imagine getting that as an AOE ability OR as i+others mentioned alrdy…imagine the boring+not rly good made spellslinger-tree would have been a perma-pet tree for arcane+frost= rly NEW gameplay possibilities. But no…Blizzard is just lame. Here take some passive procs…the end.

1 Like

So, you are advocating for the gimped low damage ice lance spamming pre-rework game play? I see.

@ 34% Haste Glacial Spike is only 2.0 second cast, with Icy Veins a 1.7 second cast. That seems to be the sweet spot for me.

Eliminating an Execute style spell? Absolutely against the class best interest. Ask a Warrior or a Hunter if they want to be rid of Kill Shot or Execute. Right now Frost is in pretty decent shape & fun to play. If Blizzard would make the 2-piece set bonus of splash damage Glacial Spike baseline it would be wonderful. Between Flurry & Frozen Orb I already use Ice Lance more than I want to. Definitely don’t want to be reduced to mainly that. With Flurry, Frostbolt, & Ice Lance as builders Glacial Spike makes for a very satisfying Spender. If only it was instant cast =).

3 Likes

That was just a balance-problem.
Not EVERY spec must be a h&s tempo playstyle.

Intresting that you overrread my wish for a +really+ new playstyle/spells e.g.

And glacial is no execute spell. Or can you only use glacial at a specific % hp at enemies?
So wrong comparison.

Finally some +other+ gameplay will be buffed with the t-set. Imagine our +fun+ at the last 2 seasons with ONLY glacial was buffed.
But still: Only buffing 1 spell/gameplay with the t-set is no good design.
Better would be something like +% frostdmg or spelldmg or some new proc/ability at all.

Frost spellslinger is the strongest mage spec in BETA right now.

Preheat is already saying RoF is dead next xpac and that it would be just IL all over the place.

If frost splinter damage was proportional (%) to the damage of the spell that consumed winter’s chill, that problem of IL spam will not exist.

They should just delete Death’s chill again… If it’s gonna suck or feel bad, why even bring it back?!

2 Likes

I dunno.
I had high hopes for new spells :confused: