Frost dk dead for 2 whole years is insanity (pvp)

$450 that’s how much some people have wasted if they’ve stayed subbed the whole expansion and the devs don’t care or even acknowledge how bad it is. Even top PvPers like venruki have voiced it and still nothing

8 Likes

No ones fault but their own. Why are you staying subbed to play a spec that the devs dont care about or acknowledge?

Ive seen him say they are scary plenty of times this expansion. Frost even did pretty well in terms of burst. Not as well as Fury or Destro, but Xeek bursted the guy in about 3 seconds, with BoS.

1 Like

I was actually thinking about this the other day. I just truly don’t think the devs know how to make FDK appealing in PvP. its been bad in PvP for so long despite so much feedback. It is what it is at this point.

5 Likes

Yeah the last time I actually had fun was in legion and we were gimped then too because they removed our passive deaths advance lol

2 Likes

Legion was the last time anyone had fun in pvp with this dumpster spec. I would pay good money to watch a PvP dev stream some arena matches playing FDK.

6 Likes

Fdk would have been good this entire expansion if 2 things were different

1 they didnt over super ultra nerf ALL OF OUR DEFENSIVES and absolutely annihilate deathstrike healing over a talent that ended up getting pruned anyway

2 they left icecap alone, didnt nerf it by 50% and just let frost dks have very high pillar uptime. Seriously in BETA i had a near 32s CD pillar, Let alone what it could be end of xpac with stat scaling

Instead classic blizzard fashion, they class tune DK, Overnerf literally everything that gets touched, Never compensate in the slightest for it, and then forget about it for the entirety of the expansion ignoring as much feedback as humanly possible

7 Likes

I agree with your first point, but the second is hard to justify with PvE in mind as well. Currently in PvE I can get close to 30s PoF cycles, so if they didn’t nerf it it would be coming close to 75-80% up time of pof which likely means it is op or abilities would be nerfed.

Now you could say just have a separate modifier on icecap for PVP which would work better. But icecap builds like a healthy balance of crit/haste/mastery. And with vers being mandatory we don’t have enough stat budget to make it a smooth experience. Icecap for PVP would be better off being a flat 30s CDR.

But your first point is super important. It’s just never worth staying in a fight the moment you are targeted. Unnerf deathstrike. Make people trade cc offensively on us for once rather than always just using it on our only win con.

Its almost like PvP modifiers exist xd (also caring about PvE balance is quite hilarious, Who cares if a class is strong when your fighting NPCs, while you work alongside other players as part of a team the only concern would be if a class was weak, not if it was strong)

you solved ur own problem

Hence why it needs the whole 4 second duration reduction per crit to function, obviously you could just make it a flat CDR as well

Deathstrike was never a problem, Even when it was super powerful even with all the absorb effects feeding it. All you had to do was press disarm, or commit a parry/dodge/immunity during a burst setup to land kills on DKs, Or just wait until dampening kicked in a little bit

Deathstrike always had counterplay, People were just to lazy and monkey brained to think about how they should kill DK, They wanted to be able to just PvE dks down and thats exactly what they got

8 Likes

The people that play it. If its not strong then the mentality is that its weak. Look at the DK forums. its upper middle and it might as well be dead last with how people have been talking about it.

We got destroyed in week two of this expansion after people complained about the defensives. They removed warden shield when they could have just moderately nerfed it, but what they did to death strike was completely ridiculous. This is my post on one of the early changes in PVP:

All the other DPS classes get to keep their massive damage and defensives. Warlocks can still shield for for entire health pool while melting targets, ret just bubbles every time they take damage while having duplicated damage on all their abilities due to the ludicrous talent rework that made them braindead, but we get nothing but the stick.

2 Likes

I remember when Wrath came out and I played Frost DK. Absolute monster in BGs. I only recently resurrected him by levelling to 70. THE WORST levelling experience I have ever had with a character. Died ALL the time. @70 Blood seems legit though, even as a support DPS in BGS with grip and such

2 Likes