Frost 2H and DW discussion

Hey all! I’ve resurrected my old DK as I realized that it’s about time I played the class I enjoyed playing again. Last I played DW was the way to go, but it seems things have shift to 2H frost. My question is how significant is the difference between these two styles? Is this something that effects DPS significantly? I love the DW as that’s what I remember but if it makes sense to switch I’m all aboard

DW is best for PVE in every situation.

2H frost is better in PvP.

6 Likes

DW is best for PVE in every situation.
2H frost is better in PvP.

Pretty much sums it up.
DW has better sustained damage over long periods
2H has better upfront burst damage in short spans

4 Likes

Don’t forget 2H favors Obliterate.

you mean 2h is only viable with obliterate?

obliterate is the spammable so yes?

Might of the Frozen Wastes increases Obliterate damage by 30% so the only real option is Obliteration and with that it lacks heavily in aoe. Its puts a lot of pressure on Obliterate to do damage, and if you dont have the stats to back it up it just not going to do well, the same also goes for DW though.

I’m not a huge fan of Breath of Sindragosa so how far behind is an Obliteration build for DW?

1 Like

Competitive for st 100%

2 Likes

that was a rhetorical question. lol. i mained 2h frost but had to switch as I run m+ more often now. 2h frost is not well rounded in its current form, it lacks aoe and movement also really hurts the overall output. Meta classes easily pull 5k dmg overall on m+ (even bos) but with the oblit build you will need to work really hard as it seems to fall behind. its okay in raid and in pvp

Spammable? Nope. Need runes.

Not an expert by any means but it seems DW performs a bit better. Does this matter for say normal and heroic raiding probably not too much.

At first I liked 2H quite well then I went back to DW and I love DW more with 2 runes in play it feels so strong and fast pace. The numbers are lower with obliterate but I feel more well rounded with all abilities.