Friendly Reminder about Blizzards "Customer Support"

This was done over a year ago, but I’ll keep this up as long as it takes until Blizz recognizes that they screwed the pooch.

https://imgur.com/a/3RW1QXF

A blizzard GMs response to a report made, with screenshots, of a TRP that had EXTREMELY racist tones that was CLEARLY hate speech. They wouldn’t do anything about it. When people ask me about Blizzard games I send them this screenshot to encourage them to possibly find something else or at least understand that customer support doesn’t give a flying rats rear about us.

The GM admitted they didn’t want this in the game but wouldn’t do anything about it because it was in an addons text. Guess this means we can say whatever we want and be as crappy as we want to other people within our TRPs.

TRP is a third party mod. There’s that technicality there that, while you certainly can report a TRP’s content to Blizz, it’s not something they themselves have created as a function within the game. Ergo, it’s a lot more difficult to police.

By the tone of your post, I’m going to assume you haven’t in fact reached out to the creator(s) of TRP, and if this was over a year ago I’m also going to assume that this was before reporting TRPs to Blizzard was a feature of TRP.

TRP now has a myriad of options for you to mitigate and handle this on your own that I highly recommend looking in to. Perhaps instead of letting this one instance linger on I would recommend finding this particular TRP in game right this moment and take the necessary steps that are now available to you.

4 Likes

I’ve actually had pretty good luck reporting trp profiles. You have to click the report button in the addon itself, copy the link, paste the link in your browser, then click on the button that says “Contact us.” It will ask you to describe harassment in an addon, but you can put inappropriate content in there too. This is the only method that works. In game reporting and general tickets don’t.

Sadly, it only really seems to result in temporary bans the same as if you’re reporting someone for language.

2 Likes

Poor guys a little confused.

May I see it?
“it was a year ago”
skinnersaying_Nnno.wav_steamedhams.

This aint new cheif, a huge amount of games like bliz get swamped with complaints of all kinds and tend to have auto-systems in place for basic responses or look-overs.

I hang out in the Customer Support forums, and I can assure you that people do get suspensions for the contents of their TRP profiles. There have been people there complaining about getting actioned for “disruptive gameplay” for some time when the blues have been able to clarify that they were reported for the contents of their roleplay profile.

The “report this profile” feature in TRP works. Keep using it!

5 Likes

I would ask if you took screenshots of the profile in question. When I reported a profile for extremely awful anti-Semetic content. I made sure I had screenshots of the profile how it appeared in the game and the player hasn’t been seen since.

Blizzard can take actions against profiles. But I encourage you to be thorough.

I mean they’re not doing anything about all the underage ERP in Goldshire. I’m not really surprised.

2 Likes
1 Like

Can we get a support staff tha’ give a frick? Please?

You should let this go. Not because the particular GM in question did the right thing, or that what you read wasn’t disturbing, but because it’s only going to continue bothering you until you do. You can’t control if/when Blizzard’s customer service does something (especially when the incident is well over a year old). You can’t FORCE them to address the post you want, in the way you want.

Moving on is the best thing for you. If you see the profile again, or another you feel is offensive, report it- but don’t dwell on it.

1 Like