Fried takes by non pvpers back at it

Why are people like this on CC? (The DH) Talking about PvP when they don’t PvP lol. Rated PvP too btw. Ik it’s an RBG thread, but the whole thing about people who are awful at PvP wanting PvP specific rewards to be given to any and everyone who touches their keyboard is disgusting. Handout generation is slaughtering the whole point of playing the game

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/incentives-to-play-rated-battlegrounds-1-cosmetic-rewards/1195682

3 Likes

I dont like the idea to talk about rewards instead of the core game flaws to begin with.

Most classes feel absolutely boring and most people who played pre WoD would probably agree. Making the game fun would do more than handing out more rewards BY FAR imo.

5 Likes

No, that’s fine. Cosmetic incentives are probably the best way to encourage stuff without ticking people off like by making it mandatory with power upgrade things.

9 Likes

wow, dude really equates 2100 in RBGs to getting +15s in M+. might as well hand out elite glad titles for RPing.

1 Like

Pvers are delusional and always have been. The hardest thing about pve is find other people smart enough to also comprehend the 5 minute video for the bosses step by step downing lmao. I’ve had people wipe 90 times on the 2 big bugs from a bfa raid because theyre simply too stupid to not get hit by Rollie pollies.

7 Likes

Thing is, if anyone and everyone can get PvP specific rewards, then they lose the prestige, if they lose the prestige, then what’s the point in pushing any sort of rating?

Look at Glad mounts now. Yeah they’re still hard to get, but it’s so insanely easy compared to when they were % based. They mean much less now than pre BFA.

Same with the mogs. 1800 is stupid easy to get. And people are still complaining that it’s hard to get the mogs that are “elite”… at 1800

It’s one thing to complain about power gaps in rated from rating. It’s another thing to complain about something that has no bearing on player power that is acquired through being good enough to get them. If you aren’t playing at the level required, then keep practicing and getting better until you are. Don’t expect the rewards to be brought down to your skill level. It’s gross.

2 Likes

People have such fried takes about “elite” mogs. 1800 is fine. The highest they ever were was 2.2 in cata, and in Legion they were only 2k. What makes them cool is they are lost to time, not the SUPER HIGH ELITE RATING ZOMG.

4 Likes

It’s okay to have different types of rewards. Honor 500 for instance is just a grind, and that’s cool.

It’d be neat if they were bumped up to 50 wins above 2700 or something, yeha.

Yeha, I thought class specific and 2k was kind of the sweet spot for elite sets. It’s funny to imagine that an elite set from legion is much rarer than most bfa-sl glads.

I mean, to an extent he isn’t wrong.

I can go back and solo Mythic Nighthold and get my full set and a small chance at the Mythic Mount.

PvErs cannot do such a thing with old PvP elite sets and Gladiator mounts.

Put yourself in the place of a Mythic PvEr.

For the last 10 years, players have “diminished” your hard work and gone back and got elite xmog and rare mounts because they out farmed the content.

That doesn’t seem really fair that you cannot do the same thing to PvP. That you cannot go back and acquire that same level of elite gear with the new “easier” level of commitment.

4 Likes

Pve isn’t competitive. Youre playing against A.I.

Pvpers never asked for recolors of mythic sets. Blizzard just started doing that because they are lazy

3 Likes

I don’t believe so. =/

There’s literally a world first race, top 100 guilds, guilds even have rivalries.

It doesn’t take away from the fact that you can acquire something with great ease, something that was “a lot harder” to do before hand.

1 Like

They can’t do away with people farming legacy raids for mog/mounts because that’s a big source of content for a lot of people and they’re in too deep to change it.

They could add more seasonal pve rewards, though, like a unique tint of the mythic set for ce.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. This has 0 effect on a guild clearing a raid.

1 Like

I 100% agree it should change going forward.

But again, if you were a PvEr, it could be seen as the damage is already done. The old elite xmog and mounts should be added back in some form and both have changes moving forward.

I like this idea. Not gonna lie, I also think it would be cool to do Timewalking Seasons where you can buy a new tint of an old elite set if you have the rating for it when timewalking comes around

1 Like

No, although if they were they’d retain their rating requirements which denies access to, like, 99% of people, who’d just wail about how they can’t buy malevolent gladiator’s cloud drake for 20 marks of honor.

Old stuff being gone is fine. Old glads/elite stuff being special is cool.

Focus on adding new neato rewards in the future.

3 Likes

Problem with this, is it is likely we’d see them add such things in the in game shop for a purchase rather than tying it in with current PvP content. If they hardly update anything for PvP right now, I don’t see them putting in effort to rekindle old PvP grind rewards.

Which then would also completely devalue the achievements/efforts of those who got those mounts/xmogs/weapon illusions in the past.

Again, its putting yourself in the place of a PvEr, and feeling as if the damage is already done.

A brand new player, never once touched WoW in their life, can log in, level up and go farm an old Mythic and get all the “elite PvE Sets” with relative ease.

If you wanted to be fair, and this is a video game where the rules are controllable and things can be fair, you’d allow PvErs the same possibility to farm out old elite sets and glad mounts with relative ease.

Then moving forward, set ground rules on “limited addition gear” from Raids, Mythic+ and PvP.

I understand it’s unlikely, but putting yourself in the shoes of a PvEr, that’s one of the only ways to make it feel fair. =/

When have mythic sets ever been considered elite pve sets lol

2 Likes

If raiders were aware of the elite/pvp reward structure I’m sure they’d be rather dismayed.

DBM/Weakauras makes no mention of it so they’ll probably never know.

Never. The closest equivalent would be cm or chosen ensembles, or totgc weaponry.

1 Like