Fresh Start, Need Realm Help

I made a character sometime last year in WoW Classic and leveled him up without any form of boosting the mid 50s. I stopped playing in part because of the lack of people actually interested in groups, and because the meta had changed so much. I had hoped to get into TBC Classic but some people have told me that its going to be impossible for me to play and enjoy it unless I spend the money and boost.

Are there are US East Realms/Guilds that would best facilitate my reentry without boosting? I dont want to just boost a character again and miss out on relearning the character im playing.

Some people eat liver, too.

That being said, there’s nothing wrong with boosting.

What faction do you want to play (don’t say Horde if BG queue times are important to you) and PvP or PvE?

Strangely enough, the classic iterations are the least casual friendly version of WoW. It’s amusing because they are also the easiest iterations of WoW.

I’m about two weeks behind everyone and feel like I might not ever catch up at this point. Good luck to you, and whatever you do-roll Alliance.

I have never once in my collective 5 years of WoW played Alliance. The only reason I havent started is because I dont know a single thing about how they operate. The cities. The quest lines. None of it. I would absolutely need a mentor.

Spending the money to boost via blizzards service i can agree with, but people “boosting” dungeons kind of ruin it for people who want to actually do those dungeons by pushing everyone that would be in that level range passed me because im trying to find groups.

I experienced that as a Priest though. I intend on playing a Hunter. Either PvP or PvE really.

Edit: BG queue times are usually filled with something else productive.

Not true at all.

I feel like running attunement groups are going to be a serious problem within the next month, which is what I mean.

1 Like

So, Horde hunter, PvP/PvE. Eastern time.

That gives people a starting point.

If you’d said Alliance PvE I would have recommended Pagle.

Casuals can wait until attunements are no longer needed.

If you think I would find a guild that would mentor my progression, then I wouldnt be opposed to Alliance.

Pagle has a bunch of good leveling guilds.

Try Dead Rabbits or Army of Darkness.

I’m currently on a west coast server or I’d hook you up.

At this point, Im not even opposed to joining a west coast server. That just means ill be like 4 to 6 hours ahead of you.

Would you recommend I try your realm?

It’s super unbalanced, so, probably not a great starter realm.

Benediction looks like the best realm atm.

1 Like

Some people just want Classic to become Retail 2.0. There’s absolutely no reason why you’d need to buy a character to enjoy the game.

What exactly do you mean by this? If you’re referring to people hating boosters, then don’t worry about it, there’s quite a mix of different opinions on every single realm. There’s no place where you’ll fully avoid that hate.

If you’re talking about highly-populated realms with people leveling characters from 1, then I’d suggest taking a look at ironforge.pro to get an idea of the population of realms in your region. It will be easier to find groups on more populated realms.

If you’re a slow learner or don’t want to be overwhelmed by your class, then I’d definitely suggest leveling from 1, as 1-58 serves as a really good, in-depth tutorial for your class. However, if you want to skip the 150+ hours it’ll likely take you to level, there are plenty of guides out there to help you with your builds and rotations. wowtbc.gg is generally a fantastic starting point if you buy a level 58 character and want to hit the ground running.

I am on Windseeker, horde.

I see people looking for groups for low level content as well as the end game stuff.

My experience here has been mostly positive with pugs and there are many active guilds.

It’s a mostly balanced east coast pve server.

Worth checking out, IMO.

(aaaand I may have replied to the wrong person.)

2 Likes

I read your reply nonetheless. Checking it out now. Started a character named Lilybee. We shall see how it goes.

This is why I’d encourage anybody planning to level from 1 to roll a class that can tank or heal. I get the feeling they’re going to have to push up the timetable for honored heroics.

I’m not sure I follow. You don’t need to boost a character if you already have one in the mid 50s unless you want to change class or faction.

Im sorry i didnt clarify. I have a priest whom im not terribly interested in playing, on a server that was rather toxic when i was there. Also mostly unhelpful. Was trying to start over fresh on a new realm.

Ah, got it. Good luck!